April 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*allioops*

Hi Allison, I was wondering with your calligraphy side business what do you charge? My one boss is getting married next year and I wanted to offer to do it if they are getting them done professionally. I'd have a long while to practice and if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it! (I did my own invites in calligraphy so I do have some experience) I figure I could offer a cheaper rate than the pros and then I could make some extra $
Anniversary
April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: *allioops*

• hey!  i've been doing calligraphy for weddings since high school - its great extra $$!

i charge $1.50 per envelope and 75 cents for placecards.  if you don't end up doing them, let me know :)  just practice, practice, practice....

• Cool thanks for the info and tips! They are over a year out and only engaged about a week before Christmas, but they have all the "major" stuff done! (church, reception venue, photographer, officiant)  So I want to make sure I put my offer out there early enough if they would like to use me they know I'm interested. Thanks again!
    Anniversary
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • no problem - let me know how it turns out!!