D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Problem solved already

MIL will not quit smoking therefore she won't be living at my house.  Her priorities are right on track!  Problem solved. 

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Problem solved already

• I would put my foot down about that, too, especially with a baby. I hope your husband is on board!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh hellz no. Smoking is a deal breaker!
    Photobucket
  • thank goodness for smoking! lol...

seriously the idea of my ILs (or even my own parents) living with us indefinitely give me hives.

• is it bad that i saw her unwillingness to quit as a good thing for you? definitely a relief that they don't have to move in with you!!
  • Wow, what a piece of work. This board makes me thankful for my in laws on a very regular basis.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image eeclem:
    Wow, what a piece of work. This board makes me thankful for my in laws on a very regular basis.

Ditto this. But don't be too jealous...my in-laws saneness is counteracted by my parents Stick out tongue

Vacation
  • image justbeachy20:

image eeclem:
    Wow, what a piece of work. This board makes me thankful for my in laws on a very regular basis.

Ditto this. But don't be too jealous...my in-laws saneness is counteracted by my parents Stick out tongue

this times 100

• glad that it worked out for you, in the end.... and if ever there was a PSA bout not smoking, this coul dbe it - "it's more important for me to smoke than it is for me to have a roof over my head."
    Pam and John
    "What is a week-end?"
  • Wow, that is a huge relief!!!  Thank goodness.  I would DIE if any of my in-laws lived with us. 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Wow. Well I guess it's resolved itself for now.  You may want to look into Section 8 housing options if/when that becomes an option/necessity.  Sounds like they have too much income now to qualify, but down the road (especially in retirement), that may be an option that keeps them in their own place.

I can't even imagine how frustrating the situation is to watch.  QVC purchase vs. mortgage, seems like an easy choice to me.

• glad problem is solved!

• image claraj:
    Oh hellz no. Smoking is a deal breaker!

that would be for us too.  3 out of the 4 grandparents smoke, and I wouldn't want any of them living with us for that reason alone!

Glad this got itself worked out. :)

• Yay for you! I'm glad it worked itself out b/c I think you would have been miserable.  I know I would have been. My MIL is also a smoker, and I'm VERY sensitive to ciggy smoke (sneezing, headaches, can't breathe). It is also a deal breaker for me.  Among other reasons that I've mentioned in the past, MIL's smoking is a big reason why we don't invite them over anymore. She reeks of it.