Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cali wine country itinerary help

We are planning to come to Sonoma County the last week in Sept/first week Oct. SO far our plans are to do:

Day 1 Stay in Healdsburg/Windsor (first 3 nights hotel in Windsor)

Day 2 Russian river Valley Wines

Day 3 Redwoods (Armstrong) and Bodega Bay

Day 4 Sonoma Valley wineries staying overnight in Sonoma town

Day 5 Carneros and napa wineries

Day 6 Fly home

Does this look like a good gameplan for 5 nights to stay in the 2 different areas. We want to focus on Sonoma County but at least do 1 day in Napa since we are comming all this way anyway. I want to book asap just need assurance since it is our first time

Re: Cali wine country itinerary help

• I'd say its a good plan. I lvoed our trip to wine country. We stayed in Napa, and I would prob stay in Sonoma next time. The wineries are just more quaint there, more our style. But we also did a day for each, which was plenty. I suggest only 3-4 wineries a day though, bc it gives you more time to enjoy wach one. Also, I would only reccomend 1 tour a day, they start to get repetitive.

Highly reccomend:

In Sonoma - BR Cohn, Benziger (biodynamic farm, good tractor tour)

Napa - Beringer has beautiful grounds (good tasting/cave tour), Cakebread is awesome, suggest eating at "Mustard's" - fabulous 

Carneros - Domaine Carneros (sparking wine) gorgeous view

• Are you driving to SF from Sonoma and flying out on the same day? If so, you might want to consider getting up early and doing Bodega Bay that day because you can drive back to SF along HWY 1 and it's an amazingly scenic and beautiful wine. The Armstrong woods are close enough to the Russian River wineries that you could do that in the same day. Or, just give a full day to the coast/Bodega Bay.

Armstrong is beautiful, but something you could tackle in an hour (unless you want to do some serious hiking). I generally go for a quick walk in the woods in the A.M.- hit up 4-5 wineries with a picnic lunch thrown in somewhere and I'm good for the day.

Your Bodega Bay day could be combined with a stop in Guerneville (where Armstrong Woods are), Duncan Mills and Jenner so that you get a few cute towns to check out on your route.

The overall length sounds like a good amount of time.

Fave Sonoma/Russian River wineries: Porter Creek, Mill Creek, Passalaqua, Lambert Bridge, C. Donatiello, Copain, and Thomas George

Sounds like a fun itinerary!