Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

closed loop cruises?

We don't have any passports and don't really want to get them cause it just seems like an added expense so we are looking into closed loop cruises...anyone taken one and how did it go?

Re: closed loop cruises?

• Your problem would be if you missed the ship in an international port due to just being late, or even illness. Then you are in a foreign country without the documentation you would need to catch a flight back to the states. I personally wouldn't risk it.
  • I'm sure you have already considered this and I understand if it is not in the budget for right now.  But passports are good for 10 years and cost about $120 if you include the pictures.  That is about $12 a year and really open up your travel opportunities.
  • I have a passport, FI does not. We've done 2 closed-loop cruises and had no problems. The first was Miami, Grand Bahamas, Nassau, Private Island, Miami. The second was New York, Bermuda, New York. 

As PP's have said, your only problem is if you miss the ship or there's an accident/illness that causes you to have to remain in an international port. Or if you miss embarkation in the US and the ship sails without you, you would be unable to fly and meet up with the ship at the first port.