BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Outlet Shopping Strategies

My girlfriends and I just planned a weekend trip to go outlet shopping in Grove City, PA- yay!  Now I need advice on shopping strategies.

I've never been outlet shopping with a big group (yes, I'm the anal planning control freak of the bunch- luckily, they do whatever I tell them to do :).  I'm sort of wondering if I should have a strategy going in- like maybe I should check the website and decide what stores I really want to visit first so I don't miss any.  Or should I buy clothes before or after house stuff- I think I should pack the house items in my hatch first, then stuff clothing around it all.  Also, I'm a size 10- do you think I'll have good luck in the clothing stores or will there be slim pickings because my size is a very 'normal' size.  I fear everything will be size 00 or XS like the clearance racks at Dillards.  :)

Please give me advice, suggestions, tips, etc.

Re: Outlet Shopping Strategies

• If the outlet has a website, check it before you go. There's usually extra coupons for the stores. This will also give you an idea of what stores are a "must go".

Also, make sure that your regular stores' coupons can be used at outlets...usually they are.

Follow Me on Pinterest

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image vxs0038:

Also, make sure that your regular stores' coupons can be used at outlets...usually they are.

Good tip- I did not know that!  That is exactly the advice I was hoping for!

• I do not usually formulate such an elaborate plan, but after being in several outlet malls and my own experience, there are usually plenty of sizes available so I don't think you have to worry about there being slim pickens. 

Maybe pack some snacks and drinks. 

image image
  • image erin0709:

I do not usually formulate such an elaborate plan.

I do admit that after realizing over the weekend that there is absolutely no planning left to do whatsoever for my upcoming trip in April, I instantly got myself worked up into a panicked tizzy and felt that I had to take on another trip to plan to calm myself down.  :)

• Outlet shopping is so fun!

Personally, I prefer shopping alone or with one other person, because shopping in a group gets me out of my zone.  ;)  

I'm a planner too, I totally get where you're coming from.

- namaste mothafockaaaas - image
  • image BeebeeEater:

Outlet shopping is so fun!

Personally, I prefer shopping alone or with one other person, because shopping in a group gets me out of my zone.  ;)  

I didn't know you hung around these parts! 

I'm planning to go to Aurora Farms before this shopping weekend to get a little practice shopping in before the big event!  :)

• image MyValentine2004:
    image BeebeeEater:

I'm planning to go to Aurora Farms before this shopping weekend to get a little practice shopping in before the big event!  :)

I'm just starting to...TIP is so freaking boring and sometimes I need a break from the kid talk. 

If you're coming to Aurora Farms, maybe I should assist you in your trial run? Not sure if you saw my post today, but my days are numbered...let me know if you want to GTG before I go!

• image BeebeeEater:
    image MyValentine2004:
    image BeebeeEater:

I'm just starting to...TIP is so freaking boring and sometimes I need a break from the kid talk. 

If you're coming to Aurora Farms, maybe I should assist you in your trial run? Not sure if you saw my post today, but my days are numbered...let me know if you want to GTG before I go!

Most def!  When are you planning to leave? 

I'm doing Tackle the Tower downtown on Saturday so I'm planning to head over to the West Side Market to indulge in a crepe and get exactly the same stuff I got the last time we were there- I'm craving my delicious mushroom dishes again. 

• image MyValentine2004:
    image BeebeeEater:
    image MyValentine2004:
    image BeebeeEater:

Most def!  When are you planning to leave? 

I'm doing Tackle the Tower downtown on Saturday so I'm planning to head over to the West Side Market to indulge in a crepe and get exactly the same stuff I got the last time we were there- I'm craving my delicious mushroom dishes again. 

we have to be out by the end of the month.

*sigh* I loooove those crepes.  :)

Explain Tackle the Tower?

Also, our inspection is on Sat, so I may try to convince H to go down to WSM!

• You can usually buy a booklet of discounts for $5-15 at the customer service dept. You might want to check in advance if you can buy one and plan your strategy around this too!
    I twitter randomly about gardening, sustainable living, local restaurants, cooking and more. Follow me on Twitter at Sarah_STL