D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need advice re: where to live near DC (MD suburbs)

DH will be working in Silver Spring and Germantown and we would like to find a rental that may be convenient to both, if possible.  We are not sure yet if our entire family will be living there, or if he will just spend a few days there each week and then come home, but we do have a child and a dog, so I would like to consider areas that are safe, family- and dog-friendly, and also with good schools in case all of us end up living down there.

Can you please recommend some areas that may fit what we are looking for?

TIA

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need advice re: where to live near DC (MD suburbs)

• we live in gaithersburg, MD and there is a town house for rent two doors down from us. very dog friendly and there is an elementary school within walking distance (i have no idea if it is a "good school" but all the kids on the block go there) sstrug at hotmail for more info
  • Thanks MrsSstrug - I will send you an e-mail. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live in Kensington in a single family home but there are several houses for rent in my neighborhood.  I have a few coworkers who rent houses in the area. I like my school.  Its pretty big with about 600 kids but the kids are mostly nice :)

You can rent the condos at White Flint Station, I know there is a nestie who does that.  We looked to buy there but bought a house instead for a cheaper price. 

I have a friend who rents near Rockville town center and I know it's cheap.  It isnt the nicest apartment I've seen, it's on par with some apartments we rented in college,and they have a dishwasher plus a washer and dryer in their unit.  It has a fireplace and air conditioning.  The Rockville Town center is really nice.

We have a friend who lives in bethesda with her husband and baby.  They have pretty expensive rent for a 1 bedroom but Bethesda is a nice area.  They love it.