September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I just don't get some people...

I was watching the news this morning, and they were interviewing a guy whose power went out in the storm last Wednesday and still hasn't come back on.  We have a big issue with one of our power suppliers around here and it's a recurring problem.  I get that people are pissed - they want their power, it keeps happening, etc. - but I totally wanted to junk punch this dude.

They're in the middle of the interview and he's complaining about how he has to power his home with a generator and then says, "This is ridiculous.  I might as well just be living in Haiti or something."  And then they pan out to show this enormous monstrosity of a house behind this guy.  Seriously?  This guy is comparing powering his giantass house with a generator to the devastation in Haiti?!  I bet any one of those victims would give an arm or leg to be in a nice, big, furnished house with clean water and power - even if it's from a generator.  What a frickin' douchewad.  That comment is still irritating me.  People are so selfish and insensitive sometimes.

Who would you like to junk punch today?

Vacation

Vacation

Re: I just don't get some people...

• image sunshine_day_dreams:

I was watching the news this morning, and they were interviewing a guy whose power went out in the storm last Wednesday and still hasn't come back on.  We have a big issue with one of our power suppliers around here and it's a recurring problem.  I get that people are pissed - they want their power, it keeps happening, etc. - but I totally wanted to junk punch this dude.

They're in the middle of the interview and he's complaining about how he has to power his home with a generator and then says, "This is ridiculous.  I might as well just be living in Haiti or something."  And then they pan out to show this enormous monstrosity of a house behind this guy.  Seriously?  This guy is comparing powering his giantass house with a generator to the devastation in Haiti?!  I bet any one of those victims would give an arm or leg to be in a nice, big, furnished house with clean water and power - even if it's from a generator.  What a frickin' douchewad.  That comment is still irritating me.  People are so selfish and insensitive sometimes.

wow - after reading your post id like to punch him as well!
    what a douchebag!

id like to punch my boss in the face...he totally jacked up one our credits and has caused 10 times the amount of work for our home office...he's got no clue what he does.

image Anniversary
  • image JenO24:
    image sunshine_day_dreams:

what a douchebag!

id like to punch my boss in the face...he totally jacked up one our credits and has caused 10 times the amount of work for our home office...he's got no clue what he does.

All in favor say aye...aye.

I would like to punch my boss too.  Ugh...he's in one of his freakin bad a$$ moods.  He gets pissed off about something unrelated to work, and takes it out on the office.  Today is going to be a wonderful day.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • image debdebdol:
    image JenO24:
    image sunshine_day_dreams:

what a douchebag!

All in favor say aye...aye.

I would like to punch my boss too.  Ugh...he's in one of his freakin bad a$$ moods.  He gets pissed off about something unrelated to work, and takes it out on the office.  Today is going to be a wonderful day.

i cannot STAND when someone does this...whether it's at work or at home!

image Anniversary
  • Wow, what a tool, Sunshine!  My college roommate had this running bit where she would say her life was harder than a homeless person's.  Yeah, pretty offensive.  I think at some points she really was crazy enough to believe it.  So yeah, people who can't keep their problems in context are frustrating.
  • how offensive!  i am sure that people will complain to the network and they in turn will ask him to make a comment...i think if i were you i would actually send an email to the news station that this was on saying how rude, insensitive, and retarded this guy is.
  • image shauni27:
    how offensive!  i am sure that people will complain to the network and they in turn will ask him to make a comment...i think if i were you i would actually send an email to the news station that this was on saying how rude, insensitive, and retarded this guy is.

Oh, that was the first thing I did when I got to work this morning.  I suggested that they contact the individual and let them know how insensitive and ridiculous it was to say something like that on public TV, regardless of how upset they are with the power company.

Vacation

Vacation
  • I'm on board with this throat punching thing. Be happy you have a roof over your head AND a generator to keep your electricity going. If it would make you feel better, I'll pay for your one way ticket to Haiti so you can see what the real world is really like.
  • This makes me furious. People are so self absorbed and these types ususally love to complain, *** and moan about whatever they can and fail to praise, give thanks or be happy when things are going right.. seriously.

I am loving though how the crew showed his house afterwards to passive aggressively show what a douchenugget he is.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • First off, LOL at junk punch!

That guy is a moron and it pisses me off when people say stupid crap like that.  It's one thing to be ticked off at not having power, I'd be upset to.  But to seriously come on the news and mouth off about it is ridiculous.  And hey, at least he has a generator so all his food doesn't go bad, etc.  I don't have one and if it happened to me like it did a good majority of the people around here I'd be sitting in a dark house with food going bad.

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • hee hee....douchenugget.
  • I think they always find the dumbest people to put on the news. It always seems like the person they put on camera is the one missing teeth and has the biggest mouth in the general vicinity, so they make the dumbest comment.

seriously, censor yourself a little people.

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • image tbearsangel:

I think they always find the dumbest people to put on the news. It always seems like the person they put on camera is the one missing teeth and has the biggest mouth in the general vicinity, so they make the dumbest comment.

Unstaged reality tv.  You can't make this shiit up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image SusieQ1981:
    image tbearsangel:

I think they always find the dumbest people to put on the news. It always seems like the person they put on camera is the one missing teeth and has the biggest mouth in the general vicinity, so they make the dumbest comment.

Unstaged reality tv.  You can't make this shiit up.

aahahahahahahah SO true!

image Anniversary