Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Best vacation for a 1 year old

We have free airfare and 100,000+ Marriott points to work with. DS flies every month to visit famly and stays in hotel frequently. We prefer to keep the flight to 4 hours or less (from Charlotte). We just moved from the West Coast of Florida so that is not an option. Our recent travels have included Savannah, Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Siesta Key, and Orlando.

We are considering Anaheim, CA, Virgin Islands, or spending the money on a cruise. Any other suggestions?

What did your 1 year old enjoy the most?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Best vacation for a 1 year old

• Disneyland would be fun because you could spend 2 days there + a few days at the beach (Santa Monica or Huntingdon Beach). Your LO would enjoy both!

I would not prefer to do a cruise unless you can afford a suite-style stateroom, so that you have a separate area for your LO to sleep in while you and your H are still awake. As they get older, suites are really the way to go. 

• We had a great trip to Southern California when DS was around 1.  We stayed in Santa Barbara but you could combine it with Disneyland (unless you are Disneyed-out bc of living in FL) or San Diego.

I also really enjoyed our trip to Boston- but it was during summer, I wouldn't want to go there now with a baby/toddler- I love being able to walk around outside on vacations.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/zx6yw6.jpg[/IMG]
  • We just booked a trip to the Bahamas, our DD will be 1 by the time we go. Other than the beach and pool obviously, we figure we can walk around Atlantis and go to the aquarium/shark pool, there's a zoo (that mostly likely has exotic animals we don't have), straw market, and maybe a half day sail boat trip or dolphin encounter.

Right now they have a $300 airfare credit. If you go to the Bahamas website, there are all sorts of different offers for each of the islands....