Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Noisy and Sara

noisy_penguin:

So, I think.bills baby girls part it's a little odd. I mean, I remember your screen name, but why, when you have put none of yourself.out.there and she has written a novel should she gtg with you? Like, what's in it for her? Why don't you share a little about yourself top? If she wants to drink.with.strangers she can just like, go to a bar and drink with strangers t hataren't from the internet.

I just got back to the original post and saw your comments. I was touched by Sara?s story. I have a step-daughter with a below-the-knee leg amputee. I?m familiar with the struggle of wanting to let your child develop their own normal in light of their special needs. I should've probably said that earlier.  

I?ve been lurking so long but usually well past the time people are posting which is why I havne't posted in years. I got laid off last summer so I?ve been online more during the day when the action is happening. I?ve posted a few things here and there trying to dip my toe back into the water if you will. I will post more so as to shake the creepy vibe.  

Sorry if I came off like a creeper. That was totally my fault.   

Re: Noisy and Sara

• ha!  not a creeper.  ok, maybe a little.  but thats alright.  the internet is a weird place like that.

where in tampa do you live?  what did you do?  

i'm sorry about your stepdaughter =(  that has to be tough.  how old is she?

• That kind of sharing makes you sound much more normal. Stick around.

And don't take too much stock in my post. I was way drunk when I wrote it.

• Noisy's baby doesn't even have eyebrows. It's clear she's up to no good.
  • Sara - Thanks. She's 13 now. She lost her leg when she was 2 (her parents were still married at the time) so she doesn't know anything different. She is an awesome kid with a pretty good outlook about the whole thing. At the age of 13 her biggest issue is not being able to wear flip-flops. They fit on her prosthetic but walking in them isn't really easy or safe for her. What girl in Florida doesn't want to wear flip-flops? We're trying out different alternatives in sandalwear so she will feel "normal."

We live in the Lutz area. I worked for a property & casualty insurance carrier. I'm casually looking for a new job. In the meantime I went back to school to work on my MBA. I won't ask what area you're in until I shake that creeper image. ;)

Noisy - I'm glad you called me out. I have a propensity for saying things that come out different than intended.

• image billsbabygirl:

Sara - Thanks. She's 13 now. She lost her leg when she was 2 (her parents were still married at the time) so she doesn't know anything different. She is an awesome kid with a pretty good outlook about the whole thing. At the age of 13 her biggest issue is not being able to wear flip-flops. They fit on her prosthetic but walking in them isn't really easy or safe for her. What girl in Florida doesn't want to wear flip-flops? We're trying out different alternatives in sandalwear so she will feel "normal."

We live in the Lutz area. I worked for a property & casualty insurance carrier. I'm casually looking for a new job. In the meantime I went back to school to work on my MBA. I won't ask what area you're in until I shake that creeper image. ;)

Noisy - I'm glad you called me out. I have a propensity for saying things that come out different than intended.

too funny!  i live in the same area.  maybe we're neighbors ;)

i know they aren't super cute, but could she wear tevas?  or birkenstocks?  some sort of sandal like that, that could strap to her foot?