Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Work Rant

You know what stinks?  I bust my butt, love my job, and genuinely like most of the people I deal with but because I work for the government, when someone wants to thank me with a gift, they can't.  I mean, they can send thank you notes and all.  But in the past month, I have gotten two gift certificates along with thank you notes and I have had to send both of them back.  It makes me feel like an a-hole.

What also burns me up about it is that I don't think half the people on my floor have morals and I don't think that they (would) do the same.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/truthserum607/2012%20MLB%20Cap%20logo%20set/Baltimore_Orioles.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/Madden%20Resources/160x160%20Round%20Logos/Baltimore_Ravens.png[/IMG]

Re: Work Rant

• That sucks, but a lot of people in many industries/businesses can't accept gifts from clients/vendors, etc. not just the gov't.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That's why I always send food.  If you look at the gift policy (here they always distribute it at Christmas time) there is a specific exemption for food  or flowers if it is shared with the office. 

However, I do understand being annoyed about the situation when you know that co-workers are keeping (or would keep) gifts that you return. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers