June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tile, Tub, and Countertop resurfacing

We're remodeling our bathroom and instead of replacing the wall tile, tub, and countertop we're thinking of getting it resurfaced. Has anybody ever had this done?

Neena Mae. 1/7/10
"A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tile, Tub, and Countertop resurfacing

• We've never done it, but during our house search we saw a home whose bathroom had been resurfaced. It looked really nice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My IL's did theirs and it looks like a brand new tub and surround. They were very pleased.
  • We had our tile and tub resurfaced about 5 years ago. It held up good for about 3-4 years and then it started looking rough- hence the reason we bought a new tub & tile.

Our tub was a 40 year blue porcelain tub so it had already seen its better days when we resurfaced it.

I think its a great quick, fix. Obviously our stuff was older and on its last leg when we did it, but it kept it usable  and looking good for a few extra years. I can only imagine how much better it would be on newer or better conditioned material.

• We also did ours about 4 years ago.  It looked great when we first did it, but like Alicia said, it has started showing some wear in the last year or so. 

I don't know if we're going to have somebody come and touch it up or if we will replace it.  The tiles in the tub surround and around the sink still look great, there are just a few spots in the tub where it's wearing off. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker