International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

s/o iPads...

Re: s/o iPads...

• Macs suit my needs and desires better. Vague, I know ;) but I think computers are very personal things and need to match their person well. There's no one-size-fits-all.
  • Right now I have a sony vaio laptop, which is fine but for my birthday this month, I'm buying myself a gift (inherited some money), an iMac with a huge screen. I'm really excited for it. It's the one thing I'm letting myself buy with the inheritance money, the rest is going in savings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Nest!
  • I just bought a MacBook Pro in June, so there's your answer. DH and I are a Mac family. We have MacBooks, iPads and iPhones.

Why? Because Macs are a 1000 times better than a PC will ever be. I love everything about Macs, and I am willing to pay more knowing it will last a long time. 

I'll never  go back to PC again (except for work, bleh). 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • imagektkl09:
    Right now I have a sony vaio laptop, which is fine but for my birthday this month, I'm buying myself a gift (inherited some money), an iMac with a huge screen. I'm really excited for it. It's the one thing I'm letting myself buy with the inheritance money, the rest is going in savings.

I didn't think we needed the 27-inch until we got one. OMG it rocks so hard! lol Good choice! 

• Definitely a Mac. I have had a mac for about 2 1/2 years now and it is the most drama free computer I've ever owned. Every problem I've had with it (and it has all been minor stuff) has been covered by Apple and fixed quickly. I hope it lasts for awhile, though I do look forward to a Mac with a better video card someday. 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • I'll get a Mac for my next computer. At work I spend a lot of time saying well that wouldn't happen if we used Macs :) I'm very proud that my sister still uses my old mac that I got when I graduated college (and she has KILLED every PC she's ever owned), I've converted DH and now my dad won't let my mum call their iMac anything other than the Mac or our iMac :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • We're a PC familly...we both have Dell laptops.   And I'm sure we'll stay a PC family.
  • imagelorryfach:

imagektkl09:
    Right now I have a sony vaio laptop, which is fine but for my birthday this month, I'm buying myself a gift (inherited some money), an iMac with a huge screen. I'm really excited for it. It's the one thing I'm letting myself buy with the inheritance money, the rest is going in savings.

I didn't think we needed the 27-inch until we got one. OMG it rocks so hard! lol Good choice! 

Lorry, do use yours to watch dvds? Or do you use it only as a computer? Why do you like having the 27 inch screen? DH and I have been going back and forth if we should get the big one or not, give me your reasons! 

• imagektkl09:
    imagelorryfach:

imagektkl09:

Lorry, do use yours to watch dvds? Or do you use it only as a computer? Why do you like having the 27 inch screen? DH and I have been going back and forth if we should get the big one or not, give me your reasons! 

Yeah, we use it to watch TV and movies all the time. We don't have a regular TV. I also use it for page layout, photo/video editing and digital scrapbooking, which is just glorious on a big screen. I can't believe I used to do it on 17 inches!

Here it is next to what it replaced. Wink 

Between movies, my creative work, and DH's gaming, I think we've gotten plenty of use of all that real estate. If we were just web browsing and checking our email, it would be a waste. Oh, also, we like the faster firewire port since we use firewire external drives. :)

• imagelorryfach:
    imagektkl09:
    imagelorryfach:

imagektkl09:

Yeah, we use it to watch TV and movies all the time. We don't have a regular TV. I also use it for page layout, photo/video editing and digital scrapbooking, which is just glorious on a big screen. I can't believe I used to do it on 17 inches!

Here it is next to what it replaced. Wink 

Between movies, my creative work, and DH's gaming, I think we've gotten plenty of use of all that real estate. If we were just web browsing and checking our email, it would be a waste. Oh, also, we like the faster firewire port since we use firewire external drives. :)

I never thought of scrapbooking on it! I think we'll just have to get the big one :) 

• I don't know.  I have a mac and like it, but it's hard to justify paying SO MUCH MORE when I've had IBMs that have also done very well.  I never had huge PC problems and I don't use my macbook for anything very creative, so I feel like a lot of the benefits are wasted on me.  And a lot of my tech-y friends tell me that the processor and stuff in the Macbook pros are not as good as you could get in comparable PCs (in terms of internal stuff) that is still $500 cheaper.

On the other hand, it has a lot of "cool" features that I've gotten used to, and it's definitely a cooler design and all... so I'll probably stay with it, although I'm still on the fence.

IN Siggy Challenge for November - Favorite Cartoon Character: Rainbow Brite!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic