9 to 5
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Feeling appreciated at work

I feel that I am a great worker and do my job efficently and I am a team player. I feel that my boss does not appreciate me as much as she does other employees in my team. Do I say anything about how I feel?

Re: Feeling appreciated at work

• How is your interaction with her compared to your fellow team members? Do your personalities gel? Do you get along well with your team?   Perception is reality and I find that very prevalent in the work place.  If it were me, I would not come straight out and share your thoughts/feelings, but rather ask if there are additional tasks you might be able to assist with, ways to improve, etc..
  • Be your own biggest fan.  I learned that you cannot wait for other people to appreciate your hard work because sometimes they never will.  And sometimes it's not because you are not a great worker but because of work politics.  I wouldn't suggest you say how you feel but keep a list of all your accomplishments and remember to highlight them when you meet with your manager.  Show that you take pride in your accomplishments and hopefully your manager will catch on.  But.. always be your biggest fan!
  • Keep in mind that what you have posted is your perception and may not reflect reality.  You're not getting proactive praise, but are you at least getting critical feedback?  If you're getting neither, I'd make it a priority to meet with and get concrete feedback from your boss so you can find out what it would take to get that appreciation.