Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Lack of penis sensitivity -- Is this common?

So tonight I learned something new about my husband...he told me that he has no sensation in the head of his penis, and never has.

This is kind of a light-bulb moment, shining light on a few of what I always considered to be quirky sexual preferences/habits -- him not getting much stimulation from oral for example.

Has anyone heard of this before?  Is it normal?  I'm thinking not...?

eta: Sorry this will be a post and run, I'm going to go get some sleep!

my currently-reading shelf:
Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: Lack of penis sensitivity -- Is this common?

• Why hasn't he been to the doctors to make sure everything is okay?
  • How odd.  Usually that's the most sensitive part, isn't it?
  • image Lil'BlackDress:
    Why hasn't he been to the doctors to make sure everything is okay?

I think he's always assumed that this is normal, so he saw no reason to have it looked into.

Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • image ReturnOfKuus:
    How odd.  Usually that's the most sensitive part, isn't it?

That's what I thought!  I was only sexually active with 1 guy before hubby came along, and the head was very sensitive for that guy.  I always just thought that stimulation there just wasn't hubby's thing...but we were trying a new thing last night and he actually came out and said that he couldn't feel anything at all.

• image tigerhearted:

image Lil'BlackDress:

I think he's always assumed that this is normal, so he saw no reason to have it looked into.

Yeah I don't think it's normal, I'm pretty sure PP  is right and it's normally the most sensitive part.  I'd encourage him to go see a doctor and just get checked out, they might tell him that it's perfectly normal, they might tell him that it's not but there's nothing he can do about it, or they might have a fix for it and be so very very thankful he went!

• image Lil'BlackDress:
    image tigerhearted:

image Lil'BlackDress:

Yeah I don't think it's normal, I'm pretty sure PP  is right and it's normally the most sensitive part.  I'd encourage him to go see a doctor and just get checked out, they might tell him that it's perfectly normal, they might tell him that it's not but there's nothing he can do about it, or they might have a fix for it and be so very very thankful he went!

Yeah I'll definitely be talking to him about going to get it checked out now.  I need to figure out some way to gently tell him that this is not normal...

• it could be  how he masturbates. if he's not  using lube or  masterbates  face down  on the bed, it could just be that  the skin tougher because of the lack lube.  Friction   does play a part.
  • I think this may be more common that you think, especially in the US where circumcision is common and often of an extreme nature with teh entire foreskin removed along with the all important frenulum,...the little cord which 'ties' teh foreskin to the shaft of the penis.   Here in the UK this is not normally removed because it's conidered and important source of voluptus which causes/enables orgasm.   Even when circumcision is essential for medical reasons the surgeon will still try to save the frenulum.   Even when circumcision is done for religous reasons such as in Jewish communities the frenulum is NOT removed.

The sensations in teh foreskin are considerable and quite different to those the the glans itself.  In europe the foreskin is recognised as an important sexual organ in it's own right, but not in the US where 'complete' circumcision is the norm. In fact the foreskin is MORE sensitive than the glans and stimulatio of the frenulum is considered by European doctors to be a large factor in orgasm

• no, it's not normal.  no, it's not abnormal.  there are plenty of men who don't feel sensitivity.  there are plenty of men who ejaculate without orgasm.  how's that for info?

best bet is to seek medical advice.  certain issues need to be ruled out.  psychological factors also can play a huge role.  hth!

• Is he circumcised? Something could have gone awry with his circumcision.    
  • image redlace:

no, it's not normal.  no, it's not abnormal.  there are plenty of men who don't feel sensitivity.  there are plenty of men who ejaculate without orgasm.  how's that for info?

best bet is to seek medical advice.  certain issues need to be ruled out.  psychological factors also can play a huge role.  hth!

MH = THIS (no sensitivity, ejaculate without orgasm).

any info anyone has would be great.

he is going to doctors, but they don't seem to be figuring out the issue.

"I'm not so good with the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"
    Chandler Bing

"Everyone makes mistakes. Hell, history's full of 'em. Betamax... Waterworld... your brother who's 16 years younger than you... And there's really no shame in making mistakes. Just as long as nobody knows about them."
    Greg the Bunny