Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I don't get it

Do some people just not have any common sense?

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/48379162.aspx

Why is she boycotting BRU just for following their policies?  Why should they make an exception for her?  Just because she doesn't use the monitor often.  WTF does that have to do with their return policy?  It's not their fault that the manufacturer's product crapped out on you.  Maybe you should be angry with the manufacturer for producing a crappy product or not having good quality control.  And you are getting a new product from the people who need to resolve the problem, so what's the deal?  And yet everyone gets riled up and agrees with her.  Yes everyone should boycott BRU because they followed their policies.  I just don't get it.  Ok rant over.

IMG_2788

2/20/2011

Re: I don't get it

• Eh, I think it's shitty customer service to not go to bat with the manufacturers for you. I can see not taking "changed my mind" returns after a period, but they can deal with defective merchandise much easier than their customers. That's a good reason not to shop those stores in general. I know I've let Target know I shopped there less after they tightened their return policy to the point of redonk.

But her reaction and level of offense seems kinda dumb.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I understand that to an extent, but the thing is BRU offers a buyer protection plan you can purchse to avoid situations like this if you don't want to have to deal with the manufacturer on your own.  Again, companies have policies for a reason and it's to cover their own a$$.   Why should they be responsible for every faulty product a manufacturer sends them?  It will just increase their costs.  Maybe not the best customer service, but it's business and they are their to make money even though they'd like to claim customers are their #1 priority.

And yeah, it was just her reaction and trying to get people to boycott the store because of this that mostly got to me and how everyone jumped on her bandwagon.

IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • TSDTSD member

Because it's not just their policies that suck. I can attest that in at least that particular location, everything about them sucks. My hate for them runs deep. I've had nothing but problems in there since the day I set foot in there.

Before I had a baby I never thought about baby stores. I thought that was just "the" store to go to. So, that's what I did. Big mistake.

I'm not boycotting them- sometimes they are the only ones with certain food I can't find anywhere else all in one place but I still hate them.

• I understand hating them for other reasons and typically try to avoid shopping there if I can too, but her reasoning is just stupid.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Um, yeah there's a reason "protection plan" sounds like a Mafia ripoff.

Large purchasers have a ton of clout with manufacturers and could get them to accept faulty merchandise back pretty easily. Coincidentally, that'd give manufacturers incentive to build better products. They don't because they can squeeze a few more bucks out of their customers this way. Seeing as they lost their class-action suit for price-fixing and all.

Not that I don't shop there occasionally, but I don't think for a second they behave as they ought. 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman