Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Inside jokes revealed

2»

Re: Inside jokes revealed

• Damn Hymen, I didn't realize you've been around since back then too. 
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I was a Phantom Lurker for way too long.
  • I think it was when he was "drunk" one night he started meandering about how Fallin had done something to offend him (I think?) but he was surprised because Fallin was a lady, just like his mama. And just like his mama, he never could make her happy. But he loved his mama or someshiit.

If that wasn't awkward enough, on a separate board he was posting entirely sober.  And the timestamps matched up. Eek.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I wonder how many of us original "groupies" there are still lurking. Following everyone from board to board, just waiting for the right moment to flash their boobs and get invited onto the tour bus.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Yeah, I think Fallin as Mama came out in the "drunk" stuttering post that I read.

• That's right his mama made him stutter. Or wanting to please Fallin made him stutter. Or something (I am a GREAT storyteller). It was as creepy as hell.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Yes, he was supposed to be drunk rambling about how I reminded him of his mother and he was afraid he would never make me happy and then his mother died and he hoped I didn't....

At the same time he was "drunk" rambling in that novella, he was posting perfectly coherent etiquette answers on various other boards.

I'm sad we seemed to have run him o-f-t. 

• That's right, one of the lines was "And Fallin will die too, just like Mama."

• As far as I can tell, this is the origin of the Elfstergate Chihuhua

From: 2Grooms2B2Grooms2B is online. Last active: 5/22/2008 2:15:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    Date: 5/22/2008 at 2:07 PM

When I was a kid, I so believed in Elfstergate. My mom would use it to manipulate me. She'd be all "if you don't eat all your veggies, the elftergate chihuaua will not leave corn dogs in your shoe."

That was until Billy Darpino told all the kids in school that there was no such thing as Elfstergate. I cried and cried. To this day, I can't eat tapioca pudding without getting a little teary. 

• image FallinAgain:

Didn't he turn out to be someone's AE? Or a woman pretending to be a man? 

• image heyemilina:
    image FallinAgain:

Didn't he turn out to be someone's AE? Or a woman pretending to be a man? 

As far as I know, he was never revealed to be an AE. We were sure he was a faker because his story just never added up, but I don't think we ever got the truth.

• I love everything about this thread.
  • image buddhagouda:
    FELICE!

I want to point out that I was the first one refer to Chad as Felice.  I'm just sayin'.

• haha, mulva. It cracked me up with that Mrs.T or whoever sent bethie "proof" that chad was a woman and she insisted the name was felice.