June 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Open Letters

Dear Southern states that got snow,

REALLY????  A state of emergency was declared to GET a few plows and salt trucks into town and the roads are SO bad that the kids are out ALL WEEK?  Srsly.  We used to get snow every winter and we NEVER had this many snow days.  And we had more than one plow.  And the city didn't SHUT DOWN.

Try adding the snow removal stuff back INTO the city budgets.  Buy a damn truck or two and stop whining about it.

Signed,

Really glad I moved up north where snow doesn't scare the pee out of people

vacation vacation vacation vacation
It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
my read shelf:
Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...

Re: Open Letters

• Dear Packers,

I would really love it if you could beat Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.

Thanks,

Cheesehead in Panther territory 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Dear roads,

Please be clear as we travel home this weekend. Driving in the mountains with snow and ice scares me a lot. 

Thanks, 

worried traveler

PS - Knibs, I totally get what you are saying. It has actually been quite pathetic here over the past few days. Yes, Monday was bad. And H didn't even go into work. But I have been off work for the past 3 days. Heck, most of the people here drive big trucks and SUV's so they should be just fine if they would use their brain and not drive like idiots. I know if this was Ohio, we would have definitely had school.

Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dear principal,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for cancelling the 8 am staff meeting tomorrow.  You have become my new favorite person.
    Sincerely,
    The afternoon teacher that doesn't want to come in early

Dear rain,
    It's January... We're supposed to have SNOW! So you go away.
    Not so much love,
    The Idahoan who wants a winter.