Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sex...has the frequency changed?

Just a quick poll....has sex become more frequent or less frequent now that you're married???

Re: Sex...has the frequency changed?

• Never changed for us.  We lived together for years beforehand w/ the same careers, so pretty smooth transition. 
  • We never lived together before marriage, though frequently stayed at each others' places. Our careers/jobs are pretty irregular for schedules. Mine is a shift work schedule and he works late hours. I'd say ours has had its ups and downs.

As of late, we're on the up side. Hang in there, there will be good times and bad. 

• Definitely more frequent, seeing as we didn't have sex until we were married. haha.
  • Our frequency didn't change until we'd been married about 15 months or so. At that point I was 5-6 months pregnant and since having the baby things picked back up. We have a harder time finding time with odd work schedules and all that but we do find the time.
    ::Blog:: ::NOTD Schedule::
    ::GP Nesties FAQ:: ::My BFP Chart::

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Sarah has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
    hide
    "I won't sugarcoat the truth just so you can swallow it without the pain"
  • Definitely more frequent, seeing as we didn't have sex until we were married.

This.

• image srgw:

Definitely more frequent, seeing as we didn't have sex until we were married.

This.

Same here.  

• We didn't have intercourse until we were married Angel, but we fooled around plenty.  Devil  As one might guess, we are intimate more often now than before.

We've been married for three years, and the frequency has definitely waxed and waned.  Sometimes we are so stressed out and busy that all we want to do is sleep when we are done with the day; during others, we have stretches of time with lots of action.

• It hasn't really changed but we've been together for nearly 7 years now, married 4 months. I'd say the only time it decreases is around Christmas/Winter. My company has 'required' over time, so I'm not around as much and I pretend to be Ms. Do it all so I'm usually stressed thinking about the next thing that needs done. Even then, it's at least twice a week. I don't want my H thinking I don't enjoy sex anymore because that would be a total lie!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its pretty much completely gone, actually. Stress and just depression from not having a job have killed MY libido.
  • image PixieChinchilla:
    Definitely more frequent, seeing as we didn't have sex until we were married. haha.

This!! :)

• Pretty much the same as most of the relationship (4-3 times a week)...not like the beginning (once a day, LOL) but after 8 years together and 3  married I am content, but we have always (so far no kids yet) had pretty much the same libido drive. It will drop a little around holidays because he works like 70 hours a week but when that calms it goes right back.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image JenKoz:
    Its pretty much completely gone, actually. Stress and just depression from not having a job have killed MY libido.

Same here, for the both of us. Having to move back home and live with his parents doesn't help either. 

• image music83lover2001:
    image srgw:

Definitely more frequent, seeing as we didn't have sex until we were married.

This.

Same here.  

Us, too.  :-)

"You're the L and the V, I'm the O and the E...Am I speaking clearly?"
  • UH. . . I have experienced both. We did have sex when we were in a relationship then we stopped when we were engaged. (his idea, not mine) We have had periods of no sex for like two weeks but then we have had lots of sex ( every other day) so I am not the best person to ask.

Basically, the frequency has changed on both sides of the coin.

• We also didn't have sex before we married (well, not on a regular basis or as in living together but you do have to test drive the car! LOL!)   So I can't compare frequency before/after married.  BUT our first year we got married, it was pretty much every day barring circumstances.  Now we are into our third year and it's slowing down a bit. I imagine it's that way for most people, as soon as kids come and the newness wears off, things settle in. 
  • Changed.  I didn't have sex before I was married...now I do.  (allbeit only about once a week, but better than none at all!)  :-)
  • Much much less after we got married.  I do have to say that my husband has also gone back to school since we got married & he now has a full time and part time job.  He is running around every single day of the week, so I'm not surprised that our sex life sucks so much.  Hopefully things will get better once he's done with school...two more semesters to go.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • We've still got a couple of months to go until the wedding, but last year our New Years Resolution was to have sex EVERY day, and we kept it too Wink.  Originally we were long distance, so every time we saw each other, the fireworks went off, but now that we've been living together for a year, my drive has kind of waxed and waned (new job, in graduate school, wedding planning stresses), but still with sex everyday, sometimes more. The "streak got to be kind of annoying toward the end, especially when I was really tired and not in the mood, but sometimes my body surprised me, in a good way.

Since the new year (and the end of the "streak") we've taken a couple of days off, but we're still at the 4+ times a week count.  Don't know how it'll change after the wedding, but I do know that I'll be starting a new job at the same time that he'll be going back to school for a Ph.D., so there are bound to be some changes.

• Not married quite yet, but have been living together for three years and are engaged. I would have to say that since we been engaged, our sex frequency has really increased. We've also been working on some fun variety as well ;-) I'm hoping that when we get married, it will increase even more. What's not to like? Plus, its great exercise LOL!