Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

your kids "art work"/ school projects

What do you save? what do you discard? And where do you save it?

She came home before Christmas break with about 20 projects--some I tossed b/c they were just scribbles on a paper, but there are a few nicer things that i'd like to keep.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: your kids "art work"/ school projects

• I toss the scribble type stuff and keep the rest of it in a rubbermaid tote. I am going to buy a large photo album to put some of it in so it's easier to look at from time to time. A coworker framed some of her son's paintings and hung them in their family room.
    Heather
  • I have a scrapbook that I keep my daughters in.  I usually purge 90% of her projects immediately.  If the scrapbook gets to full I go through it and purge some more.  
  • Fill a binder with page protectors and slide the art inside.
    <a target="_blank" title="http://tinyurl.com/9rkdud" href="http://tinyurl.com/9rkdud">[The New Party and Entertaining Bio]</a>
  • I'm still struggling with this.  I can't remember what blog I read - but they kept only about a dozen a year and scanned the rest into the computer and saved them that way.
  • get 1 or 2 nice larger sized picture frames and rotate the artwork in collage format in them as time goes by. you can jazz it up even more w/some matting, if you want, but just a basic frame will make the strangest little kids artwork look great in this format.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have kids yet but I was thinking that maybe you can scan them and save them all in a file on your computer?  And keep the ones you want.
  • I take digital pictures of all of the kids project/art work and then load them onto a digital picture frame.  When the memory card gets full, I'll delete some of the images.  My son loves looking at the frame at all of his pictures that come up!