Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

pants/tights recs?

I think I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow and get some outdoor gear, starting with the legs.  Any brand/model you girls recommend?  I haven't owned any since college.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
Bloggy McBloggerson
CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
2011 Bests
5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
2012 Race Report
1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K

Re: pants/tights recs?

• I have some Nike DriFit tights that I really like.  I got them at the outlet (marked price was 44.99 and they were about 32.99 on sale)

I think it's THIS pair, but mine have purple accents instead of grey. :)

imageimageimage
    28/60............................ ........................1/5
    {Bringing Home a Baby Gnome - Our Adoption Blog}
    {Gnome on the Run - A Running Blog}
  • I love my under armor tights! I had cheaper tights from Target, but got some under armor ones for Christmas and it's a world of difference. I'm not sure if it's because of my body (5'3 with thighs and a booty), but they would fall down and show my crack unless I tucked my shirt in. The under armor tights fit perfectly and keep me warmer. I don't have any experience with other tights though. I know a lot of people speak highly of lululemon, but I'm not sure of specifics for that brand.
  • Eddie Bauer has their "First Ascent" base layer pieces all on sale; I got some suuuuper soft tights and a thin hoodie there today, $19.99 each (normally $39.99  I think). They will be great for layering under other things this winter, running and otherwise. Tomorrow I'm hitting up the outlets with my sister (UnderArmour, Nike, Adidas, Gap) and hoping to find a good cold-weather pant that can be worn by itself.

• I love my Adidas Supernova Long running tights. The only place I can find them right now is at Runningwarehouse.com. Every where else I have looked is out of stock.
    image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • image Blessed55:
    I love my under armor tights! I had cheaper tights from Target, but got some under armor ones for Christmas and it's a world of difference. I'm not sure if it's because of my body (5'3 with thighs and a booty), but they would fall down and show my crack unless I tucked my shirt in. The under armor tights fit perfectly and keep me warmer. I don't have any experience with other tights though. I know a lot of people speak highly of lululemon, but I'm not sure of specifics for that brand.

Yes, this. I have C9 tights from Target and UA compression tights, and I like the UA tights much better.  For me, the C9s are fine for shorter runs, but the UAs fit better and feel better.

Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • I can't vouch for the expensive stuff, I'm way too cheap (read: poor) right now but I like using these as layers.  I have a few pairs and for $11, you can't beat it!  That link is for the plus size ones, I can't find the link for the regular ones.  My store had regular sizes, I didn't see plus sizes in the store.