Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

1st Birthday...hotel w/ pool

I need some ideas/suggestions for my daughter's first birthday that is coming up in February.  A lot of family is planning on coming and our house just isn't big enough for everyone.  So I was thinking about getting a hotel room and then using the pool for a pool party and then birthday cake either poolside or in the room.

I just don't know where to have it.  We live in West O.  I don't want to do Coco Keys.  She's 1.  She'd be happy in a bathtub and I don't want to pay that kind of money just quite yet.  Any good places out West with a nice pool (possibly kitty pool?)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Birthday...hotel w/ pool

• I don't know of any places besides the hotels around 72nd street. I am guessing you mean a kiddie pool rather than a kitty pool. Wink
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What about a YMCA or somewhere like that?
    Our Fur-babies!
  • There is a HOliday Inn downtown that has a "water park" attached.  It isn't anything as big as Coco Key, but would entertain younger kids.  There is some seating for adults in there, but not tables like cocokey has.  It is by the new ballpark, a little hard to find and sometimes I think staying downtown is a PITA.  Have you looked into Embassy suites by Cabelas, I've heard they have a nice open pool area.  Oh, and the best western by 108 and L has a cute kids pool area.  Our guests stayed there for our wedding.  The main complaint was about the Perkins that was attached.

• I haven't been to the pools at either Embassy Suites, but they do have plenty of open areas for people to sit and do the free drink reception late afternoon/evening and then free breakfast in the morning. I just thought of them b/c of the open seating. We are having DS's at Holiday Inn on 72nd next weekend. We have the same issue as you...lots of family and not enough room in our house. Plus all of our family lives out of town and would need to stay at a hotel anyway. I like this hotel b/c they have a zero-entry pool which is perfect for little kids. The pool is never busy b/c everyone is at CoCo Keys. We got poolside rooms and they have tables aboutside of the room that we plan on using for the party. They also have a little playground set in that same area next the pool, rooms, and tables. Although I will say I am a little hesitant about having everyone stay here now b/c I found out from luvjon that they are losg their Holiday Inn accredidation b/c the hotel isn't up to standards. There just aren't many hotels to pick from here that have seating by the pool.
  • Kids Body Shop offers a bday deal. I think Tiff used them for a bday party!
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09