Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Seriously I have too much baby clothing!

How do you manage hanging them for E's sale when you have bucket loads? I seriously have too many. Someone either come hang them for me or buy them.... UGH!!!!!!!! Wink
Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09

Re: Seriously I have too much baby clothing!

• I've only done 2 sales and I have never consigned as much as I wanted to only for the shear fact that I couldn't get it all done.

Here's a hint....while going through, if you find anything stained, set it aside in its own garbage bag.  Send it my way and I'll take it to the mission or Mission for All Nations accepts stained clothing also.  They take the stained clothing, bale it up, sell the clothing for rags.  That might help you to slim down by a garbage bag or so.

I just started with our infant clothing.  I went through and pulled out the things my boys didn't wear very much because I figured I probably wouldn't use it again.  And I went from there.

It def. can be overwhelming and too much....just plan on multiple sales!

• I thought that hanging was the easy part...tagging is HARD...it hurts your fingers so bad! ;)

I hung everything before I even sorted it. I have 2 big rolling racks down in the basement that I would hang everything on. Then I sorted by size and priced after it was all hung. Then I would print tags for all of one size and tag. It felt like my head was spinning the first year when I tried to do it different ways. I thought that this way broke things up enough that when I was sick if tagging I would go back to pricing/printing again.

• Great tips above.  How I have done it is sort by size and sets, then I sit at the computer and enter all the tags info in the order that I am stacking the sets, then I hang, pin and tag at the same time. Sometimes this saves you a pin per outfit if it's a set because you can use the pin that holds the set together to also hold the tag.  Best place for pins is either hobby lobby if they are on sale or if you have a coupon or dollar tree.  And also remember seasons.  If it's fall/winter save it for august. Let me know if you have any other questions.  I will say starting now is best, the more you procrastinate the more overwhelming it becomes then you just don't do it.

And remember not to over pin. We see people all the time double pin a shirt on a hanger when it wouldn't need any pins at all except for the tag. 

The other biggest thing to remember is make sure the hanger is facing the right way.  And remember to double check yourself periodically as you hang.  Even I do them backwards if I stop paying attention. You want the hanger to form a ? with the front of the outfit facing you.

Good luck.  

PS: consignor registration will be open in a few days so you can start tagging asap. 

• If you are looking to get rid of boys clothing sized 12+ months I would be interested! Anders is getting huge and we are in need of 12-18 month clothes, and I'm not in the mood to shop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image indomesticbliss:
    If you are looking to get rid of boys clothing sized 12+ months I would be interested! Anders is getting huge and we are in need of 12-18 month clothes, and I'm not in the mood to shop.

I do have *some* but Spencer is currently in 12-18 mos although he is leaning more toward the 18 mos mark so I have some of the 12 mo stuff. Wink Email me and we can chat. summerandsteve @yahoo .com

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09