September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My cat is speshul.

She just threw up and there were feathers in it (from our down pillows).  I swear, she has pica.  Why did she eat FEATHERS?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My cat is speshul.

• My cat eats all sorts of weird things, too. Cleaning the litter box is always an adventure. She ate pieces of my MOH's sparkly blue clip in hair extensions. Did not notice until there was sparkly blue poo.
    (An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • my dog used to come home with feathers in her mouth...from real birds. one day, she trotted home from her adventures in the neighborhood and proudly lay a chicken down for us on the front step.  she killed it at the neighbors and was so happy she wanted us to have it.

i miss her! 

• My old cat used to kill birds, too.  It was amazing since he was declawed - he would jump in the air and catch them with his teeth.  Sometimes he would bring them in the house alive and then they would fly around and it was a nightmare getting them out of the house.

This cat is usually good about not eating non-food things; she won't even eat most people food, cat treats, wet food or most dry food.  But I occasionally find small pieces of plastic when cleaning the litter box, and I've caught her nibbling on leaves that we bring in on our shoes.  And now the feathers.

• Clearly the pillow was a new species of bird wrapped in cloth.  Like duh!

Maybe it still smelled like geese. 

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dog kills birds. And she tore up our down comforter. I told DH our bedroom looks like a sexy pillow fight. Also, she has been eating the Christmas tree. I try to stop her, but apparently she likes needles. Stupid dog. I completely understand your sentiment though.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • one of my cats eats ribbon and when i try to get it away from him, he runs off. They'll eat leaves and I have to watch any plastic that's around because they'll both eat that too.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image DatsyuksMommy:
    My dog kills birds. And she tore up our down comforter. I told DH our bedroom looks like a sexy pillow fight. Also, she has been eating the Christmas tree. I try to stop her, but apparently she likes needles. Stupid dog. I completely understand your sentiment though.

Haha, I say this too, especially after I take the pillowcases off to clean them.  My cat only goes after the strays that are already out of the case, but there are a LOT.  Our pillows shed like crazy, even after I bought zipper cases for them.  And sometimes they just poke through and I pull them out because they're ouchy.

I'm an advocate of fake trees, because our cats always ate the old ones and then puked all over the place.