September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning?

I feel like butt. I have a cold/sore throat and I'm a HUGE baby when I'm sick. And it's freaking freezing at work and I forgot my sweat shirt. I slept awfully last night, which made H sleep awfully, so now we're both grumpy.

Hope everyone else is having a better morning!

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
Woke up. Still queen.

Re: Good Morning?

• it's only 9:31.  i am already bored.  halp.
  • Me bored too.  Let's play a game?

Very bad...counting down the hours til another long weekend (12.5) and debating if I have the cojones to ask my boss to take my 'lost' PTO from Monday tomorrow since we closed for the snow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image SusieQ1981:

Me bored too.  Let's play a game?

Very bad...counting down the hours til another long weekend (12.5) and debating if I have the cojones to ask my boss to take my 'lost' PTO from Monday tomorrow since we closed for the snow.

Just ask! What's the worst that could happen? She says no? 

I'm sooo tempted to go home after lunch.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • What game are we playing? Who can get on FB at work? We can play Scrabble!

P.S. This is Jess ... changed the name to something less obvious that it was me.

• Good Morning! Working here but we are slow this week so I am playing my wedding video since the ladies I work with couldn't go.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image QueenofAnything:

Just ask! What's the worst that could happen? She says no? 

I'm sooo tempted to go home after lunch.

Two things stopping me...

First, it was a free day - we got it as a bonus day from the company.  And reviews are coming up.  So I don't want to look greedy/lazy right before they decide my bonus/raise.

Second, I do actually have work to do this week.  Doesn't mean I WANT to do it, but it's a change considering how often I am sitting her twiddling my thumbs (playing on TN/FB/surfing the net).  And this work has deadlines attached.  So, back to review, bonus, raise, don't want to look like a bum at work.

Only 10 more hours...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Hellloooo!

Unfortunately I've been going against all my beliefs and have been working my ass off this past few days.   Usually I refuse to work between christmas and the new year.

This morning I peed on a stick for fun.  No idea why.  My period isn't even due for another week.   I never even wanted kids.  I think I have issues.

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image diablesse:

Hellloooo!

Unfortunately I've been going against all my beliefs and have been working my ass off this past few days.   Usually I refuse to work between christmas and the new year.

This morning I peed on a stick for fun.  No idea why.  My period isn't even due for another week.   I never even wanted kids.  I think I have issues.

Me too, my period is only about 3 days late, obviously it was NEGATIVE, I was oddly alittle let down.

I am heading out of work early today and I might take the day of tomorrow, we are so slow here at work the phone is barely ringing.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • image jedaniel:
    image diablesse:

Hellloooo!

Me too, my period is only about 3 days late, obviously it was NEGATIVE, I was oddly alittle let down.

I am heading out of work early today and I might take the day of tomorrow, we are so slow here at work the phone is barely ringing.

I wish I could.. Last month I was a week late and I still didn't.. We want kids, I would like to be pregnant now. I don't what MY problem is with doing it. It's not like I am 16 and pregnant and have anything to be worried about. I'm almost...29 married.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope you feel better, Queen! 

I just got in to work, and am very glad that I decided to take tomorrow as vacation, with Friday being our official holiday.  I think I'll bake tomorrow, but haven't decided what.  H is thrilled.  Yeah, not really.  He always loves what I make, but ends up eating way too much of it. 

• oooh, you must bake these:

crescent cheese cookies

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/12/crescent-jam-and-cheese-cookies/

I think I will run to the farmer's market tomorrow cuz I'm dying to try them...

• image mushE:

Hope you feel better, Queen! 

I just got in to work, and am very glad that I decided to take tomorrow as vacation, with Friday being our official holiday.  I think I'll bake tomorrow, but haven't decided what.  H is thrilled.  Yeah, not really.  He always loves what I make, but ends up eating way too much of it. 

i wish gerren loved it when i bake!  he hates sweets (a$$hole, i know), so when i bake, it is a total waste of money: i eat 3 or 4 of whatever i bake and then give the rest away so it doesn't go bad. 

• image shauni27:
    image mushE:

Hope you feel better, Queen! 

i wish gerren loved it when i bake!  he hates sweets (a$$hole, i know), so when i bake, it is a total waste of money: i eat 3 or 4 of whatever i bake and then give the rest away so it doesn't go bad. 

H eats what I bake and I still end up giving it away. Now I make cookie dough and make like 6 cookies at a time and keep the rest in the fridge until I want more. I LOVE to bake. I wish I had more people to bake for.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image shauni27:

Bah - you might be luckier.  Kevin loves it when I bake...and then complains about gaining weight.  Well, yeah, dumba$$...if you eat 10 at a time, that will happen.

• image SusieQ1981:

oooh, you must bake these:

crescent cheese cookies

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/12/crescent-jam-and-cheese-cookies/

I think I will run to the farmer's market tomorrow cuz I'm dying to try them...

Wowza, those look good!  I really like jammy cookies.  I've been craving buttery cookies, and was thinking of doing this roll & cut cookie that makes a swirl pattern. 

• Bored is bad. Bored makes me buy things on Sephora (hello Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour smudge stick, Sephora Lush Flush lip and cheek stain, and Bobbi Brown creamy lipstick in Buff Pink, welcome to the family) with bonus money instead of saving for upcoming trips.

People who are ill, you should get on my Theraflu/EmergenC regimen. No lie. Monday and Tuesday I was sh*t sure I'd be down and out for my Mummer's Parade Party on Saturday, but after 24 hours on my regimen I am feeling close to tip top and will be able to soldier through and not be miserable.

Last night I watched The Blind Side. I liked it. Also this weekend we viewed The Bounty Hunter and Crazy Heart. Jeff Bridges killed it in that movie.

• image SusieQ1981:

image shauni27:

Bah - you might be luckier.  Kevin loves it when I bake...and then complains about gaining weight.  Well, yeah, dumba$$...if you eat 10 at a time, that will happen.

This is exactly us!  I made a batch of caramels per my mom's request, to give to her Christmas dinner guests (a husband and wife), and H ate the ones in the cute Target dollar spot felt bag I'd prepared, rather than the extras.  I felt like such a jackass, handing them this 1/3rds full bag!

• image Xtine22:
    image jedaniel:
    image diablesse:

Hellloooo!

I wish I could.. Last month I was a week late and I still didn't.. We want kids, I would like to be pregnant now. I don't what MY problem is with doing it. It's not like I am 16 and pregnant and have anything to be worried about. I'm almost...29 married.

I think I might take a pregnancy test.  TMI but my period was very strange this time - I just got over it yesterday.  It was very light, and brownish instead of heavier and red as usual.  I'm probably making myself paranoid but it seemed alot like the implantation bleeding you can get if you're already pregnant. 

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D