Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grandmother-in-law

My husband's grandmother drives me crazy!  We have been married for three years and got a puppy in May.  She is so bad with the dog that it makes me NOT want to have kids.  If we show up at her house without our dog, she complains that we shouldn't be leaving the dog at home; If we take the dog its even worse.  We do not feed our dog table scraps, but she insists on doing it - even when I ask her not to do - she looks at me and says...it won't hurt her!  No matter what it is or what she says, her way is right and yours is WRONG!

Re: Grandmother-in-law

• Stop bringing the dog over.  If she complains ignore her or tell her that she doesn't respect your wishes, so you are not bringing the dog.  She gets upset?  So what, let her.  If she won't shut up, you get up and leave. 

Once you have kids if she doesn't respect your wishes, you don't see her, simple as that.  Your child's safety and well being is more important than her feelings. 

• image stw_77:

Stop bringing the dog over.  If she complains ignore her or tell her that she doesn't respect your wishes, so you are not bringing the dog.  She gets upset?  So what, let her.  If she won't shut up, you get up and leave. 

Once you have kids if she doesn't respect your wishes, you don't see her, simple as that.  Your child's safety and well being is more important than her feelings. 

Yep. Every word of this.
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]