September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

helloooooo?

where is everyone???

All dug out from the whole 2 inches of snow we got.  And back to work this morning.  Boo...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone

Re: helloooooo?

• I'm at home all week...I get on here more when I'm at work since I'm always bored there, haha.

How was everyones Christmas?

Are we ever going to have an AW: SS thread to share what we all got and from who?

image Anniversary
  • I'm here, but just for a few minutes.  I'm home in IN for a few days.  Babysitting my 3yo niece today and she's a handful!  No time for TN with her around...unless I want the house torn down in the mean time. :-)

I had a wonderful Christmas, no snow, a looooong 10 hour drive from MD to IN, and now enjoying time with the family.  NOT looking forward to the whole back to work thing.   :-/

Vacation

Vacation
  • I am dropping in to say hello this morning. We have a funeral to go to soon for a guy who was like another grandpa to me and then we might try to do something with DH's family and we are having some friends over tonight for beer, football, and hockey.

Anyone have food suggestions for what I should make with not so much time?

Christmas was pretty good here. It was very low key and we enjoyed just hanging out. This week is crazy with all the tourists that are in town.

• Ive been so tired lately--- been "hangin out" with O's friends on his forum via tinychat til like 1-2 am ...just stayin up BS'n and catching up with them. Ya know- they're not that bad :o)

I can't wait for naptime today with Liv..... 

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• Took me three hours to get in this morning because of various snafus.

I love snow days and all, but the day after blows crusty snot rockets.

I'm here now though, and in a hellacious mood.   grrrrrrrrr

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm here...working through Thursday, at least, and then I've got a holiday for Friday.  I've got plenty to do, but it's hard to buckle down and do it, with it being so quiet. 

I'm jealous of H - he left work at 2 yesterday (his job is much more just work until you're done) and said that he was the only person there in his whole section - maybe 30 people! 

• image exictedbride:

I am dropping in to say hello this morning. We have a funeral to go to soon for a guy who was like another grandpa to me and then we might try to do something with DH's family and we are having some friends over tonight for beer, football, and hockey.

Christmas was pretty good here. It was very low key and we enjoyed just hanging out. This week is crazy with all the tourists that are in town.

i'm here, back at work.  our office closed yesterday from the snow, and today nobody in the entire office park is here.  it is all closed it seems but us!  we are busy cleaning today, but i just want to nap :)

as for food ideas for tonight's sports festivities:

-artichoke dip 

-blt pinwheels 

-guac and salsa with chips

-wings (i hate wings but it seems people like them for games!--i think you can buy them frozen and just bake them)

-slice and bake cookies 

-cheese and crackers

-chili (really easy, just put it in a pot and let it cook!)

-nacho bar

let me know if you want any recipes for any of this! 

• I'm here and my PMDD is RAGING today. I've almost cried twice today, and I'm not generally a crier (well, I cry over happy things, but not work). And I flipped out on an IT and almost flipped out on MOH. And it's not even noon yet. Every email I get I read as an attack on me, even though I know they're not.

I think I need to talk to my endocrinologist and go for further testing or something. Other than the one or two crazy days a month, everything is awesome. 

Maybe I can just get xanax for those two days. Something tells me that won't help as my issues are hormonal and xanax works for psychiatric stuff.

Andplusalso, I want to eat everything. 

I'm pretty sure there's one post like this from me every month. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Queen - If it makes you feel better (& it probably won't), I've been like this for weeks.  Apparently pregnancy hormones are like PMS/PMDD hormones except eleventy-billion times worse and they don't go away!!!  Even the dog & cats can't do anything right, let alone poor DH.

And I totally ditto the I want to eat everything.  x 10.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Yello!  I'm at work and all disoriented after my snow day yesterday- ugh.  Working today - Thursday, then another four day weekend for me since we have off Friday and I had previously taken next Monday off.  DH and I are going to Philadelphia to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousin for New Years.  They were not able to make it up for our wedding and we can't wait to see them!  We're leaving after work on Thursday, making a pit stop in NYC on the way to pick up his sister and do a belated Christmas with his family, then Philly bright and early Friday morning until Monday.

New England is funny.  Yesterday there was a raging storm.  Today the roads are totally clear and besides the snow in the yards it's like nothing happened.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Alooooooo. I've been off since Thursday at 3. I rarely get on TN from home.

Christmas was good but very very busy. I had to see my inlaws and it wasn't that bad. MFD and I also had a wicked fight over his ahole sister, which is normal. ho ho ho.

We got snow, I hope it all melts today.

I am a bit under the weather.

• image citygirl17:

Yello!  I'm at work and all disoriented after my snow day yesterday- ugh.  Working today - Thursday, then another four day weekend for me since we have off Friday and I had previously taken next Monday off.  DH and I are going to Philadelphia to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousin for New Years.  They were not able to make it up for our wedding and we can't wait to see them!  We're leaving after work on Thursday, making a pit stop in NYC on the way to pick up his sister and do a belated Christmas with his family, then Philly bright and early Friday morning until Monday.

New England is funny.  Yesterday there was a raging storm.  Today the roads are totally clear and besides the snow in the yards it's like nothing happened.

Are you guys going to go to the Mummer's Parade? Perfect forecast for it!

• image shauni27:
    image exictedbride:

I am dropping in to say hello this morning. We have a funeral to go to soon for a guy who was like another grandpa to me and then we might try to do something with DH's family and we are having some friends over tonight for beer, football, and hockey.

i'm here, back at work.  our office closed yesterday from the snow, and today nobody in the entire office park is here.  it is all closed it seems but us!  we are busy cleaning today, but i just want to nap :)

-artichoke dip 

-blt pinwheels 

-wings (i hate wings but it seems people like them for games!--i think you can buy them frozen and just bake them)

-slice and bake cookies 

-cheese and crackers

-nacho bar

Shauni, I'd love your recipe for artichoke dip, if you want to share with others!  I absolutely love that stuff, but wanted to play around with homemade to hopefully make it a little healthier than the store-bought.

• image mushE:
    image shauni27:
    image exictedbride:

-artichoke dip 

-blt pinwheels 

-slice and bake cookies 

-cheese and crackers

-nacho bar

Shauni, I'd love your recipe for artichoke dip, if you want to share with others!  I absolutely love that stuff, but wanted to play around with homemade to hopefully make it a little healthier than the store-bought.

ok, here are the directions for *healthier* artichoke dip (note, it does not taste any healthier!) also, measurements (except for artichokes) are all guestimates.  i just eyeball everything.  play around, you cant mess it up!

2 cans artichoke hearts in water, drained.

1/2 cu low fat or fat free mayo

1/2-3/4 package of low fat or fat free cream cheese

handful of parm cheese

GOOD handful of mozz cheese (get partial skim)

3-4 cloves of garlic (i usually do 4-5 actually...)

salt, pepper

add all ingredients in a food processor.  pulse until smooth and thick.  put in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  OR put in a small serving crockpot on high until hot and people can eat it right out of the crock pot.

trust me, make this and people will beg you to make it again for them. 

• Shauni- Would you mind giving me the recipe for the blt pinwheels? I love to make pinwheels and I want to make something like that for my New Years party!
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • I'm here too!  We had Friday and Monday off work and I too rarely check TN from home.

Shauni, you're a saint, I cannot wait to make your artichoke dip.  I love how you are a wealth of good recipes, thanks :)

I was sick from Thursday until now and my Christmas had lots of napping involved.  Just started to feel remotely human today.  Took a big nap yesterday so I couldn't fall asleep last night.  Feel very run down and feel another nap looming once I get home.  Nothing interesting to share, since I've been basically asleep for 4 days :p

• image shauni27:
    image mushE:
    image shauni27:
    image exictedbride:

-artichoke dip 

-blt pinwheels 

-slice and bake cookies 

-cheese and crackers

-nacho bar

ok, here are the directions for *healthier* artichoke dip (note, it does not taste any healthier!) also, measurements (except for artichokes) are all guestimates.  i just eyeball everything.  play around, you cant mess it up!

2 cans artichoke hearts in water, drained.

1/2 cu low fat or fat free mayo

1/2-3/4 package of low fat or fat free cream cheese

handful of parm cheese

GOOD handful of mozz cheese (get partial skim)

3-4 cloves of garlic (i usually do 4-5 actually...)

salt, pepper

add all ingredients in a food processor.  pulse until smooth and thick.  put in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  OR put in a small serving crockpot on high until hot and people can eat it right out of the crock pot.

trust me, make this and people will beg you to make it again for them. 

Thanks, Shauni!  I have a mini crock pot that came with my larger one and have never used it (3 years later...) and was just thinking I wanted to find a hot dip.  I'm going to make this NYE. 

• image jedaniel:
    Shauni- Would you mind giving me the recipe for the blt pinwheels? I love to make pinwheels and I want to make something like that for my New Years party!

take a large tortilla of your liking.  mix together some cream cheese (i use light) with some ranch (again, i use light). spread ranch mixture thinly over the tortilla.  then cover with shredded lettuce (i use romaine lettuce), and about 6 slices of cooked bacon (i use turkey) all crumbled, and diced tomato.  Roll up tightly and put in ziplock bags or foil, etc and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.  remove from the wrapper you put them in and slice in 1-2" thick pinwheels.  i usually make a few tortillas worth of this recipe.  it is also good with salsa added into the cream cheese/ranch mixture!

• mmm..that artichoke dip sounds yummy.  

I wonder if I can get my lazy arse to the store tonight? 

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Shauni- your recipes sound delish. I need to host a party just to try these since DH doesn't eat anything good.. ;) Thanks for sharing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010