September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Snow Vent!

Snow is pretty. Yet, it causes havoc. Take for instance, my little Honda Fit.

Rewind back to the obnoxious snow we had in Jersey last winter: I was driving to work after about 2 to 3 feet of snow had fallen. I am literally 5 minutes from work (on a 40 minute drive) and my car gets stuck. A nice man got out of his car to try and unstick my car, meanwhile damaging the undercarriage on the front of my car by trying to push it through way too much snow. It cracked some pieces and caused it to hang lower.

Fast forward to about a year later: It snowed again like crazy yesterday. I pulled in front of my house to back into my driveway. I thought all was well until I went out to look at my car this morning, deciding on if I wanted to go to my doctors appointment. The undercarriage part is now literally sitting on the ground. I guess the snow ripped the rest of it down yesterday.

Now I'm stuck home, waiting for my step dad to come over and rig my car up with zip ties so we can drive it to the dealership to have it fixed tomorrow. Luckily its a 70$ part and about $40 installation. So i am looking at about $120 worth of damage.. but still. Snow, go away. I hate when you break things.

Thanks for reading. LoL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010

Re: Snow Vent!

• Snow completely immobilizes me.  At least your fit can still move you around in it.  Go little car! yay

I like small cars. 

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't you love your Fit?!?!?!?! I traded mine in and I'm really regretting it. Kind of made more sense for us to get a bigger car though (two horses/boxers). But oh yeah ... loved loved loved mine. I miss her. :-(

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • Ugh, that sucks about your car! At least its not insanely expensive to have fixed. 

Its only on snow days that I wish I had an SUV or at least 4 wheel drive. Other than that, I love my Focus and her good gas mileage. We got about 6 inches of snow here and although the roads were pretty clear, I wasn't chancing it. A couple of years ago I was driving through 3 inches of snow and the damn back end of my car was sliding all over the place. I also had an impatient bastard in a huge truck right on my ass, but thats another story. :)

• Snow is inconvenient at best. Not a fan.