Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning Holiday Nesties

Happy Monday!!!

I trust everyone had a good Christmas? 

Mine was good, I had friends over for Christmas Eve, and then went to my brothers house for dinner on Christmas Day.  His oven wasn't working and somehow I ended up doing the main course...  so early Christmas morning I was out trying to find an open grocery store with a fresh turkey.  :)  it took two stores, but I found one.  Yay me!

So what was a quirky thing about your weekend?  Something that wasn't bad, but that made it different than other Christmases?

Have a great day ladies!

Re: Good Morning Holiday Nesties

• My niece and I left Christmas eve festivities (after dinner, but before presents) in search of Four Lokos.

Her brother said that there was a 7-11 near the ILs that was still selling them and neither of us had ever tried them, so we ran out and got some.

That was an awful idea. They're terrible and pretty much undrinkable. I supposed the $2.79/can price tag should have tipped me off. So now we have 4 Four Lokos in the fridge. Ick!

• I had a good Christmas. I got together with my cousins and parents on Christmas eve and then hosted dinner on Christmas for DH's dad and my parents. We went out yesterday but didn't really find anything at the stores. DH played his Xbox all last night, which was kind of a sad end to the weekend.
  • Good Morning!

Christmas was good. H and I had a really nice holiday. SIL wasn't more terrible than previous years. She texted H on Christmas Eve asking him to come over and "talk". She flew in on Dec 16th and waited until Christmas Eve. He said they he couldn't of course and they waited until yesterday. It was the same old same old. Sigh.

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Our Christmas Marathon was good Wed - Sat was Christmas celebrations of various sorts, mostly w/dh's family.  Yesterday was another family event, tonight a dinner and tomorrow a hike.  I was thinking i'd have a relaxing week, but i guess plans change...  They're fun, it's just hard work, you know?

The turkey situation sounds like a challenge -- nice work!

I tried a couple stores yesterday, but didn't find any great deals.  Bummer.

UW - I tried to find some for a white elephant exchange this year, but failed.  I wonder if it will still be funny next year?

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • good evening ladies!

i had christmas eve hotpot with my parents and IL's and that went well.

christmas lunch we spent with the IL's, then went to my cousins for dinner, and then a friends house afterward.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.