September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]om.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Morning!

Snowed in, but no where near as snowed in as most of you! (And honestly probably more excited than most of you, too! I <3 the snow!)

Working from home today. There's almost no one in the office, including everyone who's "over" me, so no big. 

Bruno, now known as P.D. (pronounced "Petey" and short for Puppy Dog, our cat is Kaycee, short for Kitty Cat), is laying on the floor next to me. He's such a good boy! We really lucked out. He listens so well and he's definitely house broken. 

So happy first day of work after Xmas! Or happy snowed in day!

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
Woke up. Still queen.

Re: Morning!

• I am on vacation BUT . . .WHAT?!  Now I am working from home.  Due to snow :(
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm still off work but not because of the snow. I don't go back til Monday. I was surprised when I got back last night to see snow. But it was just a dusting compared to everyone else and it's already melting. Oh well. 

Hope all you girlies are safe from the all that snow! 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I'm working... No snow for us in Florida. Thats is the one thing I miss about living in New England, the snow days.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy for the day off, but bummed that work closed and I already had vacation scheduled!  Feels like a waste of a day, but at least I don't feel compelled to be working from home.  Ready to enjoy the day with K...currently trying to talk him into taking me out for breakfast...Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Morning - I'm working from home (no snow where I am) but since it's usually dead this week my boss is letting me work from home so I'm taking advantage of it while the ad agencies we work with are closed and most of my co-workers are on vacation until next week. Wink
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning!  My boss still thinks our office could open for the afternoon.  Over a foot of snow here lady - just cut your losses and call it a lost cause lol.  I'm taking a snow day with DH!
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Im sick and at work!!!!!!!!! Joy Joy Joy! At least its a 4 day work week!

As I always say in the medical bubble of the world people continue to have babies and the elderly continue to pass on to a new relm. There is no such thing as a holiday vacation here! Our doors are open 365 days a year helping those in need! At least no school for another 3 weeks then its pysch clinicals ohhhhhh joy!!!

• I'm with Mullen...sick and going to work.  No rest for the wicked!  No holidays or snow days for emergency services!  Ughhhhhh

Sorry you're sick Mullen!  I hope you feel better soon.  I think I got "this" sick because of my body being run down from having the appendectomy!  Sux!  But hey, (you're right) at least it's a 4 day work week...I took yesterday off~!!

So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • good morning!  i am also working from home this am, but i think i will go in to work this afternoon.  we have over a foot and it is still snowing, but not very hard anymore.  i just need to find a shovel to get out!
  • image kath5489:

I'm with Mullen...sick and going to work.  No rest for the wicked!  No holidays or snow days for emergency services!  Ughhhhhh

Sorry you're sick Mullen!  I hope you feel better soon.  I think I got "this" sick because of my body being run down from having the appendectomy!  Sux!  But hey, (you're right) at least it's a 4 day work week...I took yesterday off~!!

aww I hope you feel better too!! It just sucks I ran around like a mad cat women the week of christmas and now I get home last nite and pratical die! I put my cozy pjs on whined til DH put Nanny McPhee Returns on watched it for 3 mins and went to sleep!!!

And I am in artic florida with no snow! Seriously its as cold here as it is in Concord North Carolina........its actually warmer in Colorado right now wth!!

• Ohhhh geeez!!  I'm so sorry.  I got this on the 20th, which is my birthday.  DH got it too but he was over it in 24 hours!  He still has a little congestion but feels fine.  I had absolutely NO voice yesterday.  Unfortunately, it's back today...LOL  Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to work!  I'm watching the snow come down hard...so I checked the weather forcast and it says "currently-light snow"...Really?  Where??? LOL

I hope your illness goes away as quickly as my DH's illness did!  By tonight you will be feeling fine!  xxoo Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've been using a Neti pot rinse (Neil Med) to help with my sinus congestion.  It's amazing!  My mom bought it for me and I tried it when I got to their house on Christmas Eve!  It seriously works!  I'm also taking my vitamins....and drinking tea!

Good luck to you, sweetie! xxoo

So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm home w/ Don on a snow day.  It's not snowing anymore but we have a foot of snow still sitting on the ground and it's not supposed to get much higher than freezing today.  My work is open today (dumb men) since they all have trucks and get though all this snow, but me with my low sitting car can't!  I had taken the rest of the week as vacation so no work for me at ALL this week!

I get to stay in and play with our new laptop, PS3 (lovin netflix), my kitchenaide stand mixer, new knife block, and corningware!

image Anniversary
  • I'm jealous of all you ladies with snow...which is nonexistent in Sacramento!  I used to get it when I lived in gold country, just an hour or so up the road.  I forget what a PITA it was, to have to park at the very end of my long driveway so that I could get my Civic out in the morning.  And have to stay at my parents' house when school was out, which meant our road wouldn't get plowed until later in the day.  Anyway, we've got 2 Tahoe weekends planned in January, so I'm sure I'll get my fill of it then! 

I'm at work, but wishing I'd taken the week off.  It's pretty quiet here, which should help me to work, but alas I'm on TN at only 9:30.  Big Smile

I'm so happy for you guys, that you have Bruno at home.  I love our dog Ginger so much, I don't know what I'd do without her.  My sister always mocks people who treat their animals like people, so we had this running joke at Christmas about Ginger, like that we were keeping month-by-month photos of her, like people do with infants. 

• Well It is 11:30 here so it isn't really morning anymore, but good morning! We don't have skating much this week so I have almost a week off of that, but I am working a 40+ hour week at my "part time" job so it is balancing out.

Weather here today is gorgeous. 20 degrees and the sun is shining. Perfect day for skiing or snowboarding, but there are too many tourists here so I think I might just go out snowshoeing.

• Tell Petey I said hi!

I'm working from home today too.  For some reason the roads around here are worse than when we got 18" earlier this year.  I think we only got 8"s.   But the snow is blowing around like mad and most of the roads are closed.  I kinda hope I get to stay home tomorrow too.  It's so warm and cosy at home.

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker