Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

managing address list

Do you keep an address book or do you keep all addresses on a spread sheet or file on the computer?

Mine needs severe updating, not sure how I want to handle it! 

Re: managing address list

• On a Word document, all set up as labels so I can just print them out. I really like doing it that way, and it has worked now for sending out New Home announcements, Christmas cards, and Baby announcements-definitely saves time.  I usually end up forwarding it to my sister as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Mine are very scattered- I have an address book that's old, but for anyone I've added since then I have them in my computer.

This is pretty sad, but for friends and family, I still go back to our wedding address file if I don't have their address elsewhere- and that was 3 years ago!

image image image
  • I have an address book, but also do as Goosh does - a Word document set to print labels. That way, I have it set to go if I want to do labels, or just an organized way to view addresses if I want to hand print the envelopes.
  • I'm like Labbie.  I go back and look at the wedding address file or I call my mom and ask her.  I'm really bad at keeping track of addresses because I rarely mail anything.
  • image goosh24:
    On a Word document, all set up as labels so I can just print them out. I really like doing it that way, and it has worked now for sending out New Home announcements, Christmas cards, and Baby announcements-definitely saves time.  I usually end up forwarding it to my sister as well. 

This is what we have as well.  It's the list from our wedding invites 4 years ago and I just update it as needed. 

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • image TinaL99:

image goosh24:
    On a Word document, all set up as labels so I can just print them out. I really like doing it that way, and it has worked now for sending out New Home announcements, Christmas cards, and Baby announcements-definitely saves time.  I usually end up forwarding it to my sister as well. 

This is what we have as well.  It's the list from our wedding invites 4 years ago and I just update it as needed. 

Ugh, I typed them all into excel and can't figure out how to get them to word for labels.....the cells won't go away.