Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Allergic to his sperm?

When my bf ejaculates inside of me, I get a strange reaction.  It feels almost like that area swells up (so much that it's kind of hard to pee) and burns a little bit.  We've both been tested so I'm not concerned about STDs.  Could I really be allergic to his sperm?  Could this affect our ability to hae kids later in life?

Re: Allergic to his sperm?

• Make an appt with your gyno. Only she can tell you what's wrong.
  • yes, it is 100% possible. if you've ever seen the show "strange sex" on TLC, they do an episode about a couple that suffers from this, who so happen to be friends of mine. they tried everything. chiropractor, medications, allergy testing, etc. nothing ever worked for them and they ended up having to adopt. they are considering IVF in the future (they couldn't do it at the time because she was working for a catholic school and wouldn't allow her to do IVF), but the dr's aren't totally sure that she won't have an allergic reaction to that either.

regardless, condoms for now. and go see your dr.

Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• image carcrashheart:

yes, it is 100% possible. if you've ever seen the show "strange sex" on TLC, they do an episode about a couple that suffers from this, who so happen to be friends of mine. they tried everything. chiropractor, medications, allergy testing, etc. nothing ever worked for them and they ended up having to adopt. they are considering IVF in the future (they couldn't do it at the time because she was working for a catholic school and wouldn't allow her to do IVF), but the dr's aren't totally sure that she won't have an allergic reaction to that either.

regardless, condoms for now. and go see your dr.

Not unheard of. See your doc; have it checked out.

• This used to happen to me with my ex. Funny thing is that I'd seen a special about throughout the course of our relationship and had an idea of what it was. After a while my body got used to his semen, but it was still uncomfortable at times. It doesn't happen with my new boyfriend, thank goodness!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Visit The Nest!

Visit My Blog! Perfect 10 Beauty.

Visit My Etsy Shop! Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry on Etsy.

My Website Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry.

• normally a woman lubes by sexual arousal thats why foreplay is important but how much she lubes is not known

also how big a mans penis is a factor too making u feel fuller therefore u not enough lube and he big ur inner vagina being very soft get irritated by ur thrust in getting u to reach ur peak.

So go to drug store get some lube. The kind depends on u.Some made for both of u or one for him.

hope this helps so ur pleasure is not mared by pain afterward

• I had this issue with my ex-husband.  Didn't affect our reproduction but made things uncomfortable.  Extra lube seemed to help by neutralizing the effect and also immediately (I mean IMMEDIATELY) jumping up to pee after sex helped also.  I do not have this problem with current husband or anyone else between ex-H and now so it was definitely him.  Weird.
    Our Wedding Day
  • I'm kind of afraid of having an allergic reaction, too, especially after intercourse, since I break out in rashes where my skin is exposed to my husband's sperm. I don't know if it has to do with how hydrated he is or his diet.... I do know that the severity of the rashes is highly affected on my own immune system (and therefore my stress level). I'm kind of leery of having sex without condoms.... I don't know how my body with react.

• when you are allergic to sperm, you are typically allergic to just that one person, not ALL men. sometimes they can figure out what is in the guys diet that is causing the reaction, sometimes they can't. my friend and her husband had no problem until the night of their wedding when they ditched the condoms.
    Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14