Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Quick question for the lifters

Anyone have an idea of what I can sub for skull crushers in a workout?

No matter how low I go on weight, I can't seem to get the form right, and I am terrified of...well, crushing my skull, since I don't have a spotter.

TIA!

two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Quick question for the lifters

• I would imagine any other triceps exercise would work. You could do triceps overheads, triceps dips, triceps kickbacks, use a cable machine and do pull downs, etc.
  • Thanks.  I'm a little rusty with my lifting!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Definitely overhead press or dips.  Kickbacks aren't really as good of a move compared to the others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tricep Dips are one of the best...

I also like tricep push-ups and tricep bench presses

• I'm a fan of tricep dips or tricep pulldowns.
  • tri's are my fave arm workout and most prized arm muscle, haha.  i usually do dips on the assist machine, then cable pull-downs, then overhead press or skull crushers.  i dont like kickbacks because they are awkward and you cant go heavy.  can you practice skull crusher form with a really light bar from the aerobics room?  how about laying on a bench and doing single arm presses?  those work great.  not sure of the real name and you may need someone to critique your form, but they isolate the muscle.  have fun!
    "I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind..."
    imageimageimage
    Recent Races:
    Chicago Half Marathon 9/11/11: 1:58:11 (PR)
    Race for the Cure 10k, Chicago 9/24/11: 51:52 (PR)
    ING New York City Marathon 11/6/11: 4:13:16 (PR)