BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A shiitty lunch. (PR TMI)

I thought I'd spare this little gem for after everyone's lunch hour was over.

Went home for lunch, stopped at Wendy's along the way to get a salad I could eat while I let the pup out, only to walk into the house and have the smell of explosive shiit hit me like a ton of bricks.

Let me preface this by saying that Miko has never had an accident in his crate in the 3 months that we've had him, and has been potty trained for over two months.

So when I walked in and smelled that horribleness, I knew something was wrong. The poor pup was backed into the front right corner of his crate, as far as possible from the disaster area, looking up at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen from him and with the top of his nose bright red as if he rubbed it raw trying to escape the mess.

I immediately change clothes because it is EVERYWHERE, even flecks on the floor and wall around the crate as well as on his face (???), and carry him outside (not so easy as he is now 45 lbs). The pup then proceeds to squat as if to poop but can hardly get anything out...I leave him outside (which I never do) to go turn the bath water on, go back to get him (he's still trying to relieve himself, it was so pitiful) and bathe him.

Satisfied that he is now as clean as possible, I leave him in the bathroom to address the scene of destruction. It is now noon, I have 30 minutes to clean this up, change, and go back to work. I use paper towels, enzymatic cleaner, throw out his bed, mop, go outside and spray clean the crate.

This entire time the pup is whining and crying to get out of the bathroom. I'm sure he feels miserable but my patience is wearing thin. I go next door to let the BIL know that I have to get back to work but I'd owe him big if he'd just check on Miko as often as he can. I bring the crate back inside, put Miko in it, change, then go back to work, trying to eat a salad in the car on the way back.

I am fully prepared to go back to a stinky house with possibly even more shiit to clean up. I'm not sure what caused the upset tummy, maybe too many treats at puppy class, but luckily we already have a vet appt on Thursday for some booster shots so if he's still sickly then we can have him checked.

Please note that this poor pup spent last month with an upper respiratory infection for a couple of weeks followed by a neuter followed by two weeks of this:

Re: A shiitty lunch. (PR TMI)

• poor Miko!   I hope he's not still ill, and sorry you had to do all the cleanup.

hopefully he feels better soon. 

we had a similar incident not too long ago, but it was the H who came home and had to do the bathing and damage control.  yuck! 

Thanks for sparing us pictures of the poo, I was almost scared to scroll down.  lol

image image
  • image erin0709:

poor Miko!   I hope he's not still ill, and sorry you had to do all the cleanup.

hopefully he feels better soon. 

we had a similar incident not too long ago, but it was the H who came home and had to do the bathing and damage control.  yuck! 

Thanks for sparing us pictures of the poo, I was almost scared to scroll down.  lol

LOL nooo what kind of weirdo do you think I am?!

That's another thing, though, DH is out of town until tomorrow night (whereas he's usually home with the pup all day) so it's not as if he could help. I called him on the way and told him he picked a great day to be away!

• Poor guy, hope he feels better soon! I'm glad you've got a vet visit this week.
  • Aww poor littly guy! Hopefully his sick days are almost over! I feel so bad for him.
  • Awww, Miko :( Poor sweetie pie!

And, I know it's not funny, but that last picture made me giggle.

Kryssie Speaks

Last updated 4/06/11

image Snortlemonster: Amaretto's siggy says: I'M A BLOGGER, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO FORCE-FEED IT TO YOU. And I have a secret life. And a sense of humor. And I am in charge. Sort of.
  • Thanks everyone! He's back to his hunky-dory self now, so I hope it lasts. Still no food for him until tomorrow afternoon, though.

image amaretto*sour:

Awww, Miko :( Poor sweetie pie!

That picture makes me giggle every time! We took that the first 20 minutes of being home after his operation, and it made you want to laugh & cry at the same time as he bumped into walls, tried to go between furniture, jump on the bed (FAIL), and of course if he dropped his ball he couldn't get it. Good stuff.

• Thanks everyone! He's back to his hunky-dory self now, so I hope it lasts. Still no food for him until tomorrow afternoon, though.

image amaretto*sour:

Awww, Miko :( Poor sweetie pie!

That picture makes me giggle every time! We took that the first 20 minutes of being home after his operation, and it made you want to laugh & cry at the same time as he bumped into walls, tried to go between furniture, jump on the bed (FAIL), and of course if he dropped his ball he couldn't get it. Good stuff.

• image MissusMcElroy:

Now I don't feel so bad! At first, I was like "awww, poor guy!" and then I started laughing...it's just so sad and funny all at once!

Kryssie Speaks

Last updated 4/06/11

image Snortlemonster: Amaretto's siggy says: I'M A BLOGGER, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO FORCE-FEED IT TO YOU. And I have a secret life. And a sense of humor. And I am in charge. Sort of.