BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good News/Bad News

My sister is applying to the local university here. She gave me her transcripts to hand deliver because they lost them (so she says).

Bad news - the whole damned university is under construction and I had to trek in my boots for like 2 miles.

Good news - they already had her stuff and they told me she was accepted so I got to call her and tell her the good news! She was beyond excited!

Follow Me on Pinterest

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Good News/Bad News

• You're a good sister!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I take it they are not the kind of boots made for walking?  Stick out tongue

great news about her getting accepted, sorry you had a big wasted trip, though. 

image image
  • That...and I felt super old walking around all those college students.

BLAH!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• You are a great sister!! YAY for this good news!!

I'm really surprised they told you she was accepted.  I work at a university and due to FERPA laws you cannot tell anything to anyone but the student. 

Unless the student signs a special waiver giving a person permission to receive certain information from the university.  We cannot even confirm to a parent that their son or daughter officially attends.

Parents get so mad because "I pay the bills!".  And we have to say: "I'm sorry.  Your son/daughter has this information in their online school account.  Please ask them." It's so crazy.

• image Bubbles1022:

You are a great sister!! YAY for this good news!!

I'm really surprised they told you she was accepted.  I work at a university and due to FERPA laws you cannot tell anything to anyone but the student. 

Unless the student signs a special waiver giving a person permission to receive certain information from the university.  We cannot even confirm to a parent that their son or daughter officially attends.

Parents get so mad because "I pay the bills!".  And we have to say: "I'm sorry.  Your son/daughter has this information in their online school account.  Please ask them." It's so crazy.

I have no idea why they told me. I acted like her parent. Oh well...I got it out of them, regardless!

::shrugs::

Follow Me on Pinterest

• image vxs0038:
    image Bubbles1022:

You are a great sister!! YAY for this good news!!

I have no idea why they told me. I acted like her parent. Oh well...I got it out of them, regardless!

::shrugs::

Either way great news for your family :-)!  My boss would kick my asss if I ever did that.  And it is sooo easy to forget and just tell people info over the phone especially.  I trip up over it all the time and almost do it!