Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW- I went the full 30 days

I know I said on here before that I went w/o sweets for 30days. WELL today is day 30 and I totally did it!! NOW I am feeling pretty good. I have decided to keep up my NO-SWEETS-VEMBER, through December! I'm going to call it HO HO NO NO-Sweets :) Now there are 31 days in December, and I KNOW I can make it! Does anyone want to jump in and join me? I'd be MORE than happy to help!

After that 1st week and crazy cupcake dreams, it SO helps! I know with the holidays and what not it's hard to NOT eat sweets, but I know I can do it! Let me know if you want to join in too!

Re: AW- I went the full 30 days

• I would like to say that I'll join you but I know I won't. Life is too short for me to miss out on my momma's sand dollar cookies before Christmas. Good for you though! Perhaps I'll join you in January!
    Just another day in never never land. Photobucket
  • HAHA!! I know! I told my mom I'm glad my grandma doesn't make Cookie Boxes anymore! Becuase I'd just have to freeze them until I was ready! :) LOL I'll be carrying on into the New Year too :)
  • I want to do so.....I keep telling myself that I can do this.....will you really help me out?  My husband is going to think I am crazy....but I have always wanted to do something like this and really stick with it :)  It will help that we are staying home for Christmas, just the 2 of us, so no huge family gatherings with temptations.  COUNT ME IN :)

• I can't imagine cutting sweets off completely.  I'd binge.

Good for you though!

• image alhecker:

I want to do so.....I keep telling myself that I can do this.....will you really help me out?  My husband is going to think I am crazy....but I have always wanted to do something like this and really stick with it :)  It will help that we are staying home for Christmas, just the 2 of us, so no huge family gatherings with temptations.  COUNT ME IN :)

I'd LOVE to!!! :) Like I've said before it's HARD and I haven't benged... And after that first week I  got used to telling people NO and then once everyone knew I was really serious about it, they backed off! Email me at Foster060609 AT gmail DOT com, If you need any help! Tomorrow is Dec. 1st! HO HO NO NO-Junk starts up again! If it's any motivation, I've lost 3lbs just by giving up extra sugar,

• Im emailing you right now :)  it will be good for me to have an accountability partner :) thanks so much!

• Good for you! Honestly, I couldn't do it if I tried. When I crave sweets, I NEED it or I am crabby. I have to keep mini candy bars around. I need cookies around Christmas time!

Keep us updated. I want to know your progress ;)

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/hx12j4.jpg[/IMG]

2012 Races:
    1/29/12-5K Mid West Expo Run 29:13
    2/18/12-10K Big Chili Run-1:00:57
    3/17/12-5K Luck of the Irish Run-28:15-PR!!
  • Im the designated dessert maker in my family, there's no way I wouldnt eat what I bake!

More power to you, that's amazing! 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • image Lanerbell:

Im the designated dessert maker in my family, there's no way I wouldnt eat what I bake!

Me too... So it seems unrealistic for me to do this in December with all the stuff I'm baking for the fam, but I like the idea.  How about I join up in January.  I mean Janu-WHERE-ARE-ME-SWEETS ?!

Slowly but surely.
  • image meh0170:
    I would like to say that I'll join you but I know I won't. Life is too short for me to miss out on my momma's sand dollar cookies before Christmas. Good for you though! Perhaps I'll join you in January!

This! I can't make it through the holiday season with my grandma's struffela. Plus, I am hosting a dessert party this Saturday, ha. But, I would LOVE to join you in January - maybe we could start a new post/thread then? I will need LOTS of help and ideas for kicking the craving. I'm not even sure what counts as sweets to you (I love fruit - would I have to give that up?) Are we just talking "desserts" (cookies, cakes, etc.)? I would love to know more and I will prep myself to join you in January!

?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would totally love to join you ladies! I'm still trying to lose the last bit of baby weight and if I can pull it off during the holiday season I'll feel that much better about it, lol. I will definitely need encouragement... as I'm sure the process will make me crabby! May I join in?
  • I don't understand the concept. I honestly don't have a sweet tooth but if I want something sweet I eat it. Better to have a taste than never at all. But to each their own! Good Job! 
  • image smooge:
    image Lanerbell:

Im the designated dessert maker in my family, there's no way I wouldnt eat what I bake!

Me too... So it seems unrealistic for me to do this in December with all the stuff I'm baking for the fam, but I like the idea.  How about I join up in January.  I mean Janu-WHERE-ARE-ME-SWEETS ?!

I LOVE THAT!!! :) I was trying to think of a cute name for it and that is AWESOME!!! :)

The more the better!!!

NO!!! I would NEVER give up fruit!!! I LIVE for fruit! give me the biggest strawberry/watermelon/orange/mango/banana and I'm happy, I just gave up anything that has EXTRA sugar in it, like candy/cookies/cakes... DESSERTS, yes. LOL but! if I'm making something like baked oatmeal, that's where it gets tricky... because that receipe calls for both sugars... and it may be cheating...I leave one out and use less of the other. the fruit and un-sweetened apple sauce counter act it... IMO... I'm also going to try to go w/ less bad carbs. I say use your best judgement,

• image MrsSandro:
    I don't understand the concept. I honestly don't have a sweet tooth but if I want something sweet I eat it. Better to have a taste than never at all. But to each their own! Good Job! 

I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth! I HATE that I have a sweet tooth! My H doesn't! I did this becasue I follow BodyRock.TV and Zuzana challenged her followers to do it. So, I thought WHY NOT!?!

I kept finding myself 'cowing' out on SO much junk! I would look at what I was eating and be like WHY!? Why are you eating this Twix? You don't really want it!  I think it was mainly emotional, a way to deal with stress. And since I LOVE a challenge, I wanted to give up my vice. NO more junk. And I'm sure others have their reasonings. But not only am I not putting that crap in my body, I'm dealing with my stresses in better ways.

• I would be much more likely to succeed in January than December.  I just know that there is wayyyy too much to tempt me this month.  Some of this stuff I only have this time of year, so I don't want to give that up.