October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Boots

I desperately need to buy snow boots for my treks across campus this winter.  What do you all think of these?  I can't decide if they're cute or not--the big problem is that the style is not very neutral.

Matt loves Munkii!!!

Re: Boots

• Love sorel boots!  But you're right, they're not very subtle.  For me, warmth is way more important than fashion so I wouldn't care one way or another as long as my feet are dry and warm.  I say go for it!  I have some Uggs and they're warm and with some mink oil, pretty waterproof but they have NO traction whatsoever.  On really snowy/icy days, I pull out my big clunky boots like the ones pictured and don't care one bit about who sees!
  • I think they are super cute.  Would you be wearing them all day or just when you go outiside?  I usually wear big ugly clunky snow boots to work and when I have to go around campus, but then change into flats etc. when I'm chillin in my office.  Those are really cute though, I may just get a pair to match. Big Smile
  • Those look like they would keep you warm! Lately I have been about what keeps me warm...I don't know how I stood outside in the snow in a skirt and tank top in college to get into a party, craziness. I think those boots are cute too!
  • I'd just wear them outside and change into flats.  Now I'm stuck on these or a couple others (like pink/white/black houndstooth)--all this style by Sorel.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • I think they're cute too, but couldn't wear them all day without my feet getting sweaty, so I second the girls' idea to carry flats in your bag with you. Now go buy those cute boots!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!

• Did you look on Zappos.com?  They may be a bit cheaper...  I also like these. Stick out tongue

• I am also asking Santa for new snow boots since I haven't a new pair since I was like 14. These are the ones I am getting, just the classic Caribou boots:

Photobucket