Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email hel[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

s/o off A Bedroom Issue

In the advice given in that post, everyone said, as long as it isn't happening all the time (her H not finishing while having sex) not to worry about it.

But what if the guy doesn't finish during sex 90% of the time?  What would you make of that?

Re: s/o off A Bedroom Issue

• .........Then it is clearly a sexual disfunction and needs skilled treatment.  The cause can be either a physical condition, indicative of the onset of disease or inappropriate medication,....or, more likely psychological.    I had this problem with a previous partner.   It was caused by a deep seated unease about the realtionship.
  • So if he can finish fine through masturbation, but not when having sex, it is probably psychological?

I have suggested that he see a doctor about the issue, but he says it is "no big deal". 

• image pinkglaze:

So if he can finish fine through masturbation, but not when having sex, it is probably psychological?

I have suggested that he see a doctor about the issue, but he says it is "no big deal". 

No necessarily. He could just be so used to jerking it with a mad gorilla grip that your vag feels slack in comparison. In that case, he needs to stop masturbating for a week or two and it should help.

image.
  • image SweetCuppinCakes:
    image pinkglaze:

So if he can finish fine through masturbation, but not when having sex, it is probably psychological?

No necessarily. He could just be so used to jerking it with a mad gorilla grip that your vag feels slack in comparison. In that case, he needs to stop masturbating for a week or two and it should help.

Yeah, I've mentioned that to him, he says he can go a week or something and not do that.  But even then it doesn't really change anything.  I don't know why he just doesn't come to me instead, I don't turn him down when he does.  Next time it comes up, I'll let him know that maybe he should refrain for a little longer than a week. 

• had the same problem... Have him stop masturbating.... it's what he's used to. My DH finally stopped masturbating on a daily basis when we got married and suddenly was able to achieve orgasm during sex.