June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Time Change Woes

Our Siamese mix does not understand this whole time change business. During the week, DH gets up for work at 7am and feeds the cats not long after. Guess who was up at 6am demanding breakfast? And I mean, demanding - this cat is loud if he wants to be. Poor kitty just did not understand why my H was still in bed and why there was no food in his bowl. And lets be honest here, at 14 pounds, our boy doesn't miss meals without complaining...a lot.

Re: Time Change Woes

• I was completely expecting Amelia to do the same thing but she is so tired from her cold that she has actually been sleeping later.  But...now DH and I are used to getting up with her at 6:30 even on the weekends so guess which 2 people were wide awake, waiting by the crib.
  • I think it's one of the saddest days of the year.  Now it's so dark out all of the time, and "falling back" seems to make it worse.  December 21st, conversely, is probably my favorite day of the year!
  • I HATE FALLING BACK!

The whole "an extra hour of sleep" is b***s***. It never helps me. And walking out of class at 5:15 p.m. today, when I used to see sunny, beautiful skies, now it's PITCH BLACK. Sad

I do like winter and I don't mind it getting dark, but I hate it when it's get dark while I'm in class/at work. Going into the office/classroom in daylight and coming out in dark bums me out.

Photobucket
  • I agree, I wish daylight savings time continued year round. We need the extra hour of sunlight. By the time I get home and change my clothes, it's dark outside. Our neighborhood is safe, and I bought Rufus a reflective vest, but I still hate jogging or walking him in the dark.  And in a few weeks, it will be dark when I go to work, and dark when I get home.

On the plus side, though, I am falling asleep by 11 now instead of midnight, so that helps with my general b1tchiness. 

We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Leigha12:

On the plus side, though, I am falling asleep by 11 now instead of midnight, so that helps with my general b1tchiness

I haven't seen evidence of this yet. Zing!

I kind of like the end of DST now. It was awful getting ready in the dark.

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I think I just really dont like winter... getting ready in the dark was preferable to leaving work in the dark so I wish DST didnt end but even with the time change its still dark in the mornings when I get ready for work, in another month, it wont even be light before I finish my commute.  I either need to work less hours so I can see the sunlight or there just needs to be more sunlight.
  • image mamie329:
    image Leigha12:

On the plus side, though, I am falling asleep by 11 now instead of midnight, so that helps with my general b1tchiness

I haven't seen evidence of this yet. Zing!

I kind of like the end of DST now. It was awful getting ready in the dark.

We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers