West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bored! What do you do for fun?

Happy Halloween!

Lately DH and I have been feeling really bored... what do you and your SO and friends do for fun?  We are in the Tampa area, so close to a lot of different areas... we just don't know where to start!  

Re: Bored! What do you do for fun?

• We got bikes and we ride at least once a weekend!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where did you get your bikes, Inthesun?  FI and I have been looking for bikes on Craigslist, at Target, in The Flyer, everywhere, it feels like.  I don't have a boatload of cash to drop on a bike, so I am getting desperate (but not desperate enough yet to shop at Wal-Mart.)

• image amellis2:

Where did you get your bikes, Inthesun?  FI and I have been looking for bikes on Craigslist, at Target, in The Flyer, everywhere, it feels like.  I don't have a boatload of cash to drop on a bike, so I am getting desperate (but not desperate enough yet to shop at Wal-Mart.)

We saved and saved...and saved...and bought Trek road bikes (Madones).  So we put on our spandex, strap on our helmets, and go for long rides.  It's great for bonding!  Before we bought from Trek we looked all over too but could never find used ones that were the right size or price.  Don't forget, if you go to a bike store you can always bargain plus they have great payment plans (we didn't want the debt so we just saved the cash).  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also go biking, I got my bike from Target and I think H got his at either Wal-Mart (no shame in saving money) or Target. They do go on sale every once in a while at both places. We also like to go down to South Tampa and just walk around Hyde Park (no buying, just walking). Or go and sit at the beach and watch a sunset. We'll also take our dog for a long walk or to a park (Lettuce Lake) for fun.

I can't wait for school to be done so I have more time to do fun things.

• - Tampa Theatre for a fun indy film

- Whole Foods to pick up some dinner and sit out side and enjoy

- Random festivals in Ybor and we walk around town during the day

- David Island with the dog to let her run around then we walk around and look at the beautiful homes

- Not with my H, but with another nestie - StingShark - we've been meeting at a different spot each week for our long runs and checking it out.  I've had such a good time seeing different parts of town.

- Siesta Key Beach, followed by lunch at Simon's

- H and I go swim laps together at the Y

- We take the dog on long walks at the park or just around the neighborhood

- Book Store.  H reads something educational; I catch up on all the trashy celeb gossip

- Starbucks - chill and enjoy each others company

- Picnic at the beach for sunset - we like to go to Siesta Key if we are going to drive an hour anyways

- Flatwoods bike ride

.... that's all I can think of now.  

• Wow!! Thanks for all of the suggestions!  I LOVE doing outdoorsy stuff and now that the weather is going to cool down I will finally be able to do them!  I do not do well with heat... thanks so much for the suggestions! :-D