Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

HELP ME!!!

I am 21.  I am dating this guy named G.  Well all my friends say G is manwhore.  Anyways we are exclusive all my friends say that he is cheating on me.  But G says they are just jealous and want to date him but can't.  Who should I believe? 

Re: HELP ME!!!

• You're always the last to know if somebody you're involved with is cheating. Perhaps there is some credence to their claim.

Have you noticed any shady behavior -- hiding his phone, secretive about the calls he gets, he's working too many long hours, he's frequently cancelling dates --- that's to name a few.

• He does keep his phone locked.  But he says why should we go through each others phones anyways when we trust each other?  I just don't know.  Maybe I will tell him I don't want to be exclusive.  That way he can be with otehr girls I can be with other guys and my friends aren't telling me things like he is cheating on you.
  • having his phone locked for me is a dead give a way of trust issues and something might be up or he has  previoud history of trust issues. If he cant show you his phone then get out now while you dont get hurt so much
    I CANT WAIT TO BE A WIFE! Siggy Challenge! For THANK YOU NOTES! <a href="http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/perkyperkins83/wedding2/?action=view
  • Do you truly feel like your friends have a hidden agenda?  What sort of evidence have they provided?  Are these your close friends or just aquaintances?

If any of my close friends told me that DH was cheating on me I would consider the possibility because 1) they are my close friends and have not given me any reason to believe they would betray me 2) knowing the kind of folks they are I know they would only come to me about this because they saw hard evidence.

If these friends tend to be more like "frenemies" than actual friends than maybe you have reason to doubt them.  But, if these friends have had a history of only doing things in your best interest you may want to take heed and listen to what they have to say.  Obviously if they just say, "He seems flirty I'm sure he's cheating on you" then that's not enough to prove anything.  But if they have actual hard evidence you may want to think about it.  A friend of mine was being cheated on and the BF even bragged about it to my BF at the time (stupid guy, I don't know why) and there were so many red flags to his cheating but she was so desparate to find someone to marry she believed all the lies he would throw at her.  It took her a couple years and being in debt for loaning him so much money before she finally saw the light.  After all that she finally gave the "I should've listened to you guys" speech.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • IMO having the phone locked isn't the issue. The issue is will he give you the code. My sister and BIL have locks on their phones but if you want to use them/are in a better position to answer it they give the code with no hesitation. They both work in the medical field (in med school and Physicians Assistant school) and use their phones for work as well so there's lots of stuff that they want to keep safe if a random person picks up their phone.
  • image LarissaAnn:
    Seriously?  No one's noticing the username is ROFL?

REALLY!

• Don't date manwhores or you'll end up with an STD, even if you are "exclusive".
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/141ml8k.jpg[/IMG]
  • You're dating a guy named "G".  You're 21.  He's a manwhore..trust me.  Get over him and date someone who doesn't go by first grade nicknames.
  • Ok...we for me, I was convinced he's cheating by the response "they are just jealous and want to date him but can't"

yeah...dump him and get tested...ewwwww!

• Anyone one who says "They are just jealous and want to date me" isn't an angel. Just think about it...
  • image rofl:
    He does keep his phone locked.  But he says why should we go through each others phones anyways when we trust each other?  I just don't know.  Maybe I will tell him I don't want to be exclusive.  That way he can be with otehr girls I can be with other guys and my friends aren't telling me things like he is cheating on you.

What the hell would be the point of this?!?  

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/10fqm2w.jpg[/IMG]