May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Another Bad Gift

I thought the Waterford picture frame with hearts was the worst wedding gift we were going to receive, but it's been topped.  We have now received a set of Irish coffee mugs with Dan's last name and a shamrock engraved on them.  First of all, I didn't change my name.  Second of all, neither of us drink coffee, tea, or any sort of warm drink.  So what in the world are we going to do with them?  At least with the frame we could return it, but since these are engraved we're stuck with them.  Why do people feel the need to be creative?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Another Bad Gift

• image Buckeye_43:
    I thought the Waterford picture frame with hearts was the worst wedding gift we were going to receive, but it's been topped.  We have now received a set of Irish coffee mugs with Dan's last name and a shamrock engraved on them.  First of all, I didn't change my name.  Second of all, neither of us drink coffee, tea, or any sort of warm drink.  So what in the world are we going to do with them?  At least with the frame we could return it, but since these are engraved we're stuck with them.  Why do people feel the need to be creative?

Hm... if it's from someone you're not that close with you could re-gift them to one of Dan's family members for xmas. Otherwise it looks like they're going to the back of the cupboard/closet. I hate how people assume you're automatically taking your husband's name. Someone bought us a fairly large painting. FIL is supposed to bring it to us b/c it's in another country, but that's a pretty bold gift to give IMO.

• Does he have any family that would want them? Not a re-gift so much as a "we won't use these and want you to have them" gift?
    Anniversary
  • Unfortunately the gift is from his aunt.  I suggested giving them to his parents since they actually drink Irish coffee, but Dan didn't think that was such a good idea since his aunt is over at their house all the time.
  • image Buckeye_43:
    Unfortunately the gift is from his aunt.  I suggested giving them to his parents since they actually drink Irish coffee, but Dan didn't think that was such a good idea since his aunt is over at their house all the time.

That sucks.

• hahahaha now see, I think that would be a great gift for us.

*says the girl who took her husband's last name AND happens to be drinking an Irish coffee RIGHT THIS SECOND*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bahahahha send them to JeHawley... guaranteed she doesn't care whose name is on them!!!
  • image Sarahkay488:
    bahahahha send them to JeHawley... guaranteed she doesn't care whose name is on them!!!

I did think of that.... 

• Lmao! Do you really not drink coffee though? I would die without it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope, no coffee, no tea.  I can't stand the taste of either one.  Dan likes iced coffee on occasion, but hates regular coffee.  Every once in a while I'll try his iced coffee because it looks like chocolate milk and I'm immediately grossed out and grabbing anything I can shove into my mouth to get rid of the taste.  I never learn my lesson.
  • image Buckeye_43:

image Sarahkay488:
    bahahahha send them to JeHawley... guaranteed she doesn't care whose name is on them!!!

I did think of that.... 

LOL Yeah.

You could plant little plants in them... Do you have a kitchen windowsill that you could turn into a baby herb garden?