Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pimp your neighborhood (or where you ToT'd) here!

We have hit the jackpot IMO.

We went about 2 blocks north of our house and started there, so in the blocks just east of Belmar and north of us, and I'd say half the houses were open for business.  Tons of decorations too, which the kids got a kick out of, and there were lots of fellow ToTers out.

We've ToT'd in HR, Lakewood and Littleton, and this was the most fun we've had hands-down. :)

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.

Re: Pimp your neighborhood (or where you ToT'd) here!

• I was surprised at how few kids we got in our new neighborhood in Parker.  I thought for sure we would have a steady stream, but we only had a few small groups throughout the night
  • We are in Roxborough and it is kid central, so everyone was passing out candy, I don't think any houses were dark.

We had a blast, and so many houses in our hood were decorated.

[IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • We're on the eastern edge of Thornton, and had such a steady stream of kids that we almost didn't even close the door! It was fun - looked like every house was lit up, and tons and tons of kids out. I can't wait to ToT with DD next year!
    **POOF**
    No more baby siggie pics. Boo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We TorT in the single digit streets (6th-9th Ave) South & West of Cheesman Park.  It was lots of fun--quite a bit of decorations & other kids w/ out being a traffic jam/crowded (like my friends who live in Lowry & Stapleton say it's like).  The 800 block of Lafayette St. is especially good on the decorations.  
  • We went to our friend's house in Stapleton for pizza and ToT'ing and holy crap, there were a lot of people!! We only did one square block and it was nuts.

G had a good time though and got a bunch of candy he can't eat because of his peanut allergy. Lucky for DH and I!

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we live just West of Reunion and had a ton of kids - everyone has their light on and lots of people just sit out on their front porches handing out candy.
  • I think our neighborhood is perfect for TOTing.  Just about every house was handing out candy and had some sort of decoration, the houses are pretty close together, and it was steady but wasn't SO busy (so at the end of the night, a lot of people were probably giving out handfuls).  The neighborhood itself is small enough that you could do the entire hood in probably 1.5-2 hours and end up with a good amount of candy.  Also, there's the one house that goes CRAZY with Halloween decorations.  We're talking a fake fence, huge displays, sometimes they put a HUGE spider and spiderweb on the roof, everything is lit up, etc.  It's also different every year. They go a bit crazy at Christmas time too.

• We live in SE Aurora and I was amazed at how all out the houses in my neighborhood went.   There were tons of decorations everywhere - I'm fairly certain it was more decorated for Halloween then it normally is for Christmas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We walked Potter-pie along "the historic 7th ave district" just to see the ToTers doing their thing, and there were LOADS of them and all the big old houses seem filled with folks who live to pull out all the stops on Halloween for the ToTers!

At least I know if we decide to just stay in the Tree House for several years, the Curd has a hood full of sah-weet trick or treating!

Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • image todds_wife:

We walked Potter-pie along "the historic 7th ave district" just to see the ToTers doing their thing, and there were LOADS of them and all the big old houses seem filled with folks who live to pull out all the stops on Halloween for the ToTers!

At least I know if we decide to just stay in the Tree House for several years, the Curd has a hood full of sah-weet trick or treating!

Hmmmm....wonder if we saw ya.  I swear I did see a dog that looked like Potter on 7th but I didn't see the owners clearly--it was dark & the other side of the street--Maybe it was you guys :o

• We went to the neighborhood on the NE corner of Dayton & Belleview in Greenwood Village (can't think of the subdivision name).  BEST. ToT. Neighborhood. EVER!!!

85% of the houses went all out on decorations.  The houses are big but close together so it made it easy for the the kids. And there were herds of kids as far as the eye could see. So many, in fact, that many of the residents just set up shop in the driveway or on the front porch because there is never a break between kids, for hours. N ended up with a ton of full size candy bars. I didn't have to go up to any doors to help him because there were always older kids there that he could watch and follow.  He had a blast.

And it looked like we weren't remotely the only ones who drove in to go.  There were tons of cars parked at the entrance to the division, presumaby kids from all the apartment and condo complexes near here, like us.

Can't wait until next year to go there again.