Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vacation Ideas?

Me and my bf just started talking about vacation for this coming summer. It will be our first vacation away with just the two of us. Only problem is we can't decide on where to go. We feel like there is so many options, but we aren't looking to spend a ton of money. Please, any and all ideas to help us out!! TIA

Re: Vacation Ideas?

• What types of things do you like to do?  Are you looking to relax, be adventurous, etc?  Flying or driving (and if driving where do you live/how far are you willing to travel?)?  US or abroad?
    [url=http://www.journeyswithjess.com//]Journeys with Jess Travel Blog[/url]

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1577a4.aspx[/img][/url]
  • That is where we differ. I would like more of a relaxing vacation, where he is an adventurous person, but I think would be okay with either way. We would rather be able to drive, thinking that it would cost less for us to do that rather than fly, so definitely in the US, although I would love to travel abroad. We live in Philadelphia, and we haven't discussed how far we are willing to travel, but we would like to keep it rather inexpensive.
  • We stayed at an AI in Jamaica for fairly cheap (~$2500 for flights and the AI for 6 nights). There was plenty of relaxation time but they had excursions you could do if your bf wanted something more adventurous.
  • Jamaica is great and can be very affordable! We also loved Riviera Maya in Mexico and spent under 2200 for two of us 6 nights 7 days from Boston! (Stayed at the Barcelo there all inclusive and wonderful!)
  • DH and I live in the Philly area, and this summer we're doing a road trip to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City and Boston.  We're gonna spend 1-3 nights at each location.  We don't really mind driving, and none of the drives are more than 9 hours.  I've been to Quebec City before, and he's been to Toronto, so we're each seeing things we haven't seen before.  My family lives in Boston, so we're able to stay with them for free.  I speak a little French, which is helpful, but I think you can generally get around Quebec City without it.  We're hoping to keep it under $2000, but we'll see what actually happens. 

DSC_0182
    71 workouts completed in 2012
  • How long do you want to be gone for?  And how far are you willing to drive?

Driving Suggestions:

• Florida: Lots to do there, and you don't have to spend too much money.  Beaches, water sports, history (St. Augustine)
    • Smoky Mountains: Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a great place to start - beautiful scenery.  Lots of little towns with neat things to see (Cherokee, Pigeon Forge, etc). Great hiking through the mountains (waterfalls, etc).  Caverns.  Cute B&Bs that aren't too expensive.
    • D.C.: You live close, so I'm assuming you've been?  If not, it's well worth it for the history, culture, etc. 

Flying Suggestions:

• As PPs said, Jamaica has well-priced all-inclusives.  Most Caribbean islands have AIs.
    • Cruises: Especially if you book early, the cruise lines run specials all the time, then you just have to watch for cheap airfare.  Some cruises even leave from New Jersey, Baltimore, and I think even NY.
    • Yellowstone National Park: If you've never been, it's a must, in my opinion.  (We also did Grand Teton, which is very close.)  You can take it easy and relax, as well as hike, horseback ride, etc.