GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Gen...Meatball's room PIP (edit for link)

We just finished the border. It looks so great! I love the set so much! You can see the furniture we got...DH is still putting together the other dresser. We are waiting on the glider to come in still. I am going to get curtains and rods this week...thinking dark green to go with the valances :)

Will be funny to compare how different they are once they are both done! 

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Hashimoto's girl truckin' through BFAR! Working towards EBF but celebrating every ounce I can give right now! Follow my journey http://meatballsmommy.blogspot.com/

Re: Gen...Meatball's room PIP (edit for link)

• Kymberli - delete the link - it has your whole name in it - I figured it out!

So funny how different the two rooms are going to be! I can't wait to see them when they're done! I love yours so far!

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Make sure you post with furniture!! I can't wait to see it!!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Hashimoto's girl truckin' through BFAR! Working towards EBF but celebrating every ounce I can give right now! Follow my journey http://meatballsmommy.blogspot.com/
  • furniture is coming a week from tomorrow - and once the furniture gets here, we'll get the decals on the walls and go from there.

I still need a lamp, a small side table for next to the glider and a few shelves.

The Dandelion Archive

• So cute!  We are getting the same changing table.  Can't wait to see it all put together!
  • Which decals did you order? The ones from the set? Those are so cute :) I want to put those above the crib but waiting to add anything else to the walls until all of the furniture is in first. I am also looking for a lamp...thinking one of the nice "glow" ones from Ikea and I need to find a couple of shelves as well! The birch has been really hard to match...
  • image kymberli00:
    Which decals did you order? The ones from the set? Those are so cute :) I want to put those above the crib but waiting to add anything else to the walls until all of the furniture is in first. I am also looking for a lamp...thinking one of the nice "glow" ones from Ikea and I need to find a couple of shelves as well! The birch has been really hard to match...

we're getting the ones that match the set from babysupermall and I got that dandelion one that i liked (there are pictures of both in my latest blog entry). I don't want to put them up until the furniture gets here either.

That's the good thing about the wainscoting... the shelves and things we're going to do in white - to match that. We'll never be able to match the wood stain color.

The Dandelion Archive

• Very cute! We registered for the decals and the frames at Buy Buy Baby. We also registered for the lamp and other little things that go with the set. I just love the set. I do think it looks more "boyish" but if Meatball or Smudge are girls, we could play up the dragonfly...that's my plan!

I was not sure about the border at first but now I love it. I keep going upstairs just to check it out...

What furniture did you get?? 

• image kymberli00:

Very cute! We registered for the decals and the frames at Buy Buy Baby. We also registered for the lamp and other little things that go with the set. I just love the set. I do think it looks more "boyish" but if Meatball or Smudge are girls, we could play up the dragonfly...that's my plan!

I was not sure about the border at first but now I love it. I keep going upstairs just to check it out...

What furniture did you get?? 

I didn't see the decals at buybuybaby - that's why i bought them at babysupermall. We also got the three pictures:

I just went onto buybuybaby to get the img of the pictures, and i saw the decals. They must have added those since I registered. I swear they weren't there before.

This is our furniture:

Honestly, with the amount of dragonflies in the bedding (have you seen it in person?) and the tropical flowers/lily pads, I'm not worried about it not being "girly enough". I think it's perfectly gender neutral. 

The Dandelion Archive

• The frames I was referring to was the decorative pictures. I love them!!

I love the furniture. It's very nice. It will look great with the bedding. 

Yes, I have seen it in person. Don't think I would have registered for it otherwise! I think it has a lot of green and it is more boyish the way it is right now...but will have no problem making it a little more girly if needed :) Just my opinion. 

Either way, it's a great set. It' really nice quality too! 

• image kymberli00:

The frames I was referring to was the decorative pictures. I love them!!

I love the furniture. It's very nice. It will look great with the bedding. 

Yes, I have seen it in person. Don't think I would have registered for it otherwise! I think it has a lot of green and it is more boyish the way it is right now...but will have no problem making it a little more girly if needed :) Just my opinion. 

Either way, it's a great set. It' really nice quality too! 

I probably don't see it that way because Green is one of my favorite colors, so I don't think of it as a "boy" color.  And there's SO many different greens in it. I think it's funny how two people can have such different views of one thing, you know? Like, you guys seem to like the darker shades of green (With the wall color, etc) which might make it seem more boy, and we picked up on the lighter shades (with our rug, etc) which for me is more neutral.

Either way - i love both of our rooms, and I can't wait to see how the details iron out down the road!!

Mostly, I just can't wait to see my mom figure out how to work purple and pink into the room is Smudge comes out a girl. I told her she can decorate the closet. Stick out tongue

The Dandelion Archive

• I would have loved to do more of a yellow but our first floor is yellow and I thought it was silly to have two places in the house yellow. I have already started picking out things that would make it more girly and adding more of the purples and pinks :) I am feeling boy vibes still, though.

Ikea has a lot of textiles with Fabler...they are cute froggies and dragonflies...much girlie. That might be a way to make it a little girlier if Smudge is a girl. They are really cute. DH told me I could add a canopy over the crib if Meatball is a girl! We'll see!!

Trying to find a rug now that I could use but no such luck! Still searching!!

• image kymberli00:

I would have loved to do more of a yellow but our first floor is yellow

And our bedroom is sage green! So, i didn't want to have 2 green bedrooms.

So funny.

The Dandelion Archive