West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I seriously need to lose weight!!!

i was just looking at old photos (from 2- 3 years ago) on my Myspace account (yes I finally logged in after abandoning it for Facebook lol. I was curious about the news, that they have made some great changes). And what a big difference, on my appearance that is, I gained so much lbs and inches!!! 

So I knew this before but I was reminded again by the ideal weight calculator that for my height I should be 125lbs, yeah no! Im no longer 125lbs ever since after our honeymoon 2 years ago. I need to get back to that weight, I just need  more motivation!!!  Sorry just frustrated because I can't seem to get myself motivated enough even if it means it'll help with TTC. I would think about it and get myself all pumped up about it and almost convinced myself that I will actually do something then FAIL! Reading some articles about PCOS they talk about insuline resistance alot which results to sudden weight gain and you can especially see it on the midsection which is my most hated change in my body. I have added a few inches on my waist line and that is not cool!

Thanks for letting me vent : )

"don't ever let go of my hands" teejay.. image

Re: I seriously need to lose weight!!!

• Hello!!  Me tooooo.  I am huuuuge compared to 3 years ago.  Gah.  I get going really good at the gym for a few months at a time but don't drop a pound, get frusterated and take a 3 month hiatus and gain 3, go back, and the cycle continues.  Now I stand with 20 lbs to lose.  I make excuses because my body is pretty sore and beat up from my job so when I work 5 or 6 in a row I'm "too achey" to work out.  (my lower back usually).  But today I am reminding myself of how much less sore I am after work when I'm consistently working out and staying fit. 
    Thanks for the motivation : )  Do you need a workout buddy?  If so, I go to Shapes on Hillsborough and I have a couple guest passes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sara, thanks for the offer. Do you ever go to the Zumba classes? Im not a member but a friend of mine always invites me when they have a Zumba bash and pay $10. I might be able to take you up on gym buddy offer one of these days I just have to do it right around after work since Im already in Tampa. I just live so far away (Riverview) so it has to be planned real well hehehe. DH didnt let me sign up for another gym membership unless I swore that I will go regularly (atleast 3-4 times a week) and I smiled before I answered yes and he said NOPE, I know that smile! I have LA Fitness before until we freeze the account because I stopped going and promised to go back but never did so he cancelled it hehehe. Thats why I only do random Zumba classes hehehe where I pay as I go.
  • I usually take the circuit training classes, interval classes that include step or some form of cardio, and weights/balls/bands.  I tried Zumba once but I chose a bad class to go to.  It was the instructors last day and she had a class of regulars so they did a "best of" compilation for 30 minutes, broke off class for 10 minutes to have a "snack" and socialize, then went back in for the last 20.  I did the first 30 and was confused because there was no real rhythm to her best of routine, and when they broke off I broke out and got on the treadmill, and never went back in.  So my first experience wasn't that great but I'd be willing to give it another chance! 

Zumba options are Wed at 6:30p, Thurs at 7:30p, Sat at 10a, Sun at 11a 

• I am pretty sure I have PCOS as well and I have been reading up on the dreaded problem of insulin resistance.  I too have gained a crazy amount of weight.......even before I got pregnant with Macy.  So starting yesterday, I started the South Beach Diet.  Day one went well but now I am dying for a candy bar or some french fries.  Hopefully this diet works, it claims that it is targeted for people who have insulin resistance.  

And maybe next week I will start working out?!  Ha.  I say that all the time, yet it never happens.  

GL to you! 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • How would you check if you have insulin resistance?  I had bloodwork done and Dr tested me for thyroid.  What she ended up diagnosing me after bloodwork, CT scan and MRI is liver cysts.  That doesn't explain weight gain though.  Would this PCOS show up in typical blood sugar tests?  I have to go back for follow up bloodwork and MRI for liver in December.  Should I have her add a test?  Hmm.
  • I just read it and I guess I'm safe there, my menstrual cycle is normal.  It only lasts 24-36 hours, but it's clockwork.   Guess I just eat too much (as I munch on candy corn with my black coffee)
  • imagesara76:
    I just read it and I guess I'm safe there, my menstrual cycle is normal.  It only lasts 24-36 hours, but it's clockwork.   Guess I just eat too much (as I munch on candy corn with my black coffee)

From what I was reading on insulin resistance, it can still be an issue even if you do not have PCOS.  Not that I am a doctor, or even know you well enough to diagnosis you, but don't totally discount it.  I hope I don't sound like a crazy lady with that comment!  I am reading the South Beach Diet book and I am amazed to find out how carbs and sugars affect your blood chemistry.  Very interesting stuff! 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Very interesting for sure.  I will definately talk to my Dr about this in December and see what she says.  My father had diabetes so it is something worth looking into. 
  • I could see how South Beach diet would be great for PCOS, the thing is Im not sure if I can survive it lol. I grew up eating rice 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, & dinner even some of our desserts have rice contents heheh So I dont know if I can cut that out all together. I may switch to brown rice and multigrain products but lets see how I can manage lol.
  • imagesara76:
    Hello!!  Me tooooo.  I am huuuuge compared to 3 years ago.  Gah.  I get going really good at the gym for a few months at a time but don't drop a pound, get frusterated and take a 3 month hiatus and gain 3, go back, and the cycle continues.  Now I stand with 20 lbs to lose.  I make excuses because my body is pretty sore and beat up from my job so when I work 5 or 6 in a row I'm "too achey" to work out.  (my lower back usually).  But today I am reminding myself of how much less sore I am after work when I'm consistently working out and staying fit. 
    Thanks for the motivation : )  Do you need a workout buddy?  If so, I go to Shapes on Hillsborough and I have a couple guest passes!

Try Pilates.  It helps strenghten your core and there are certain poses that are very helpful for low back pain.  Also, you may want to look into inserts for your shoes.  Since you are on your feet a lot it may help.  Unfortunately, I know this backache all too well and I've had

• imagesara76:
    Hello!!  Me tooooo.  I am huuuuge compared to 3 years ago.  Gah.  I get going really good at the gym for a few months at a time but don't drop a pound, get frusterated and take a 3 month hiatus and gain 3, go back, and the cycle continues.  Now I stand with 20 lbs to lose.  I make excuses because my body is pretty sore and beat up from my job so when I work 5 or 6 in a row I'm "too achey" to work out.  (my lower back usually).  But today I am reminding myself of how much less sore I am after work when I'm consistently working out and staying fit. 

Try Pilates.  It helps strenghten your core and there are certain poses that are very helpful for low back pain.  Also, you may want to look into inserts for your shoes.  Since you are on your feet a lot it may help.  Unfortunately, I know this backache all too well and I've had relief

• imagesara76:

Try Pilates.  It helps strenghten your core and there are certain poses that are very helpful for low back pain.  Also, you may want to look into inserts for your shoes.  Since you are on your feet a lot it may help.  Unfortunately, I know this backache all too well and I've had relief

with
  • imagesara76:

Try Pilates.  It helps strenghten your core and there are certain poses that are very helpful for low back pain.  Also, you may want to look into inserts for your shoes.  Since you are on your feet a lot it may help.  Unfortunately, I know this backache all too well and I've had relief with

• Grrr!  Stupid Nest is causing me to make duplicate posts