D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So whatcha doin this weekend?

I feel like we've been talking about it a lot... but inspire me....

Today - I'm meeting my boss for lunch in DTSS and I fear that it is going to roll into entertaining him all afternoon as he does not have to be at BWI until 7pm...probably carve pumpkins tonight as we never got to it yesterday...

Saturday - I think we're going to bail on the rally.  We haven't really decided yet, but we've both been on the go so much this week that we may just chill and work on our costumes for the kicka$$ halloween party that we are planning to attend Saturday night...

Sunday - Halloween - we don't ever get any trick or treaters - or at least we didn't get one last year - would it be nuts to go to Field of Screams or a Haunted House somewhere?  I can't decide if they would be crazy insane or totally unattended... I'm assuming that they are still open on Halloween, right?  We never made it last week when I had hoped to go....

Are you getting dressed up?  Whatcha going to be?

I'm dressing up as a black widow and DH is going to be my poor corpse hubby...

Re: So whatcha doin this weekend?

• We're heading to Gettysburg for the weekend to visit DH's grandparents.  Kinda hoping something just happens to jump out in front of me and make me pee my pants.  Prob won't happen, but I'll take whatever I can get.
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • happy halloween! it is looking like i'll finally be getting my weekends back! *happy dance*

tonight: most of the grocery shopping so we don't have to worry about it later on.

tomorrow: josh & i are volunteering at the rally. we'll be wearing pink, ppfa t-shirts. if we can find some of our peeps who are also going, we';; be heading to a bar for some post-rally libations.

sunday: sleeping in!! possibly heading to eastern market to stock up on stuff for meatballs, drip beef, and spiedies and if that's the case, i'm making a big batch of amatriciana & meatballs for dinner. then watching football & DVR-ed halloween shows with the hub :) i may also bake some treats for my dept at work since tuesday is our last day. not quite as spooky as halloween in sleepy hollow last year but since i wasn't sure if i'd be working, i couldn't really make plans.

hope everyone has a fun & safe halloween weekend! can't wait to see nestie & kiddo costume pics!
  • I was thinking about heading down to Williamsburg for the weekend since my dad's birthday was Monday and I missed his party (thanks mom for planning knowing that I'd be out of town) but they're hosting a sleepover for DD's field hockey team, so they're going to have a houseful of teenagers this weekend.

DH wants to go see Saw, which I won't see.

We usually go all out for Halloween, but since we were out of town, we didn't decorate at all.

• image cheekywife:

happy halloween! it is looking like i'll finally be getting my weekends back! *happy dance*

not quite as spooky as halloween in sleepy hollow last year but since i wasn't sure if i'd be working, i couldn't really make plans.

hope everyone has a fun & safe halloween weekend! can't wait to see nestie & kiddo costume pics!

i was born in sleepy hollow at phelps, across the street from the spooky cemetary!  we lived in tarrytown for the first couple of years of my life!

i couldn't think of a better place to celebrate halloween!

• image kiahj:
    image cheekywife:

happy halloween! it is looking like i'll finally be getting my weekends back! *happy dance*

not quite as spooky as halloween in sleepy hollow last year but since i wasn't sure if i'd be working, i couldn't really make plans.

i was born in sleepy hollow at phelps, across the street from the spooky cemetary!  we lived in tarrytown for the first couple of years of my life!

i couldn't think of a better place to celebrate halloween!

yeah, last halloween was pretty awesome. and that part of new york state is gorgeous. if i were ever going to live in the suburbs of nyc, i'd want to live there. of course, i wouldn't be able to afford it!

• Cheeky-I'm glad to hear you're getting your weekends back...I know you've been without them for some time now!

Friday-Buffalo chicken dip (yum!) and watch some streaming Netflix.

Saturday-Friends are in town for the rally, so catch up with them. Possibly grab dinner and drinks with them too.

Sunday- Relax. Buy candy for trick-or-treaters (although last year I think we had about 10 kids come by).

My BIL is also in town this weekend and he's a super fun guy, so I'm hoping we can catch up with him at some point too.

Vacation
  • tonight: working, working out, then karaoke party at my place (all are welcome - see link for details) . Hoping people will take advantage of all the old costumes and props we laid out for their performances.    

tomorrow: working out, then we're finally using Otto's b-day money (from last December!) to brew beer at Shenandoah Brewery! Then our neighbor is having a Halloween party. I will be "tanked" and Otto will be "wasted."

sunday: I have no agenda and O will likely abandon me for a football gathering in Ballston. So, house stuff, schoolwork, Lifetime, work out, relax.

TTC since Mar. 2010; 6 IUIs 2011 = 2 CPs; BFP (conceived naturally) 12/9/11; m/c 1/7/11
  • image dmuppet7:

finally using Otto's b-day money (from last December!) to brew beer at Shenandoah Brewery!

oooh, let me know how this is please! i bet josh would love to do that and it would be a perfect birthday gift!

awesome halloween costumes, btw!

• image dmuppet7:

tomorrow: working out, then we're finally using Otto's b-day money (from last December!) to brew beer at Shenandoah Brewery! Then our neighbor is having a Halloween party. I will be "tanked" and Otto will be "wasted."

Ooo- let us know how it is.  I can't believe it's around the corner from my house and we've never been.  

• Tonight: nothing! and looking forward to it!

Tomorrow: a bunch of errands, cleaning the house, and then dinner at my parent's house

Sunday: is my birthday!  we have to sing in a concert in the afternoon, but after that we'll walk down to check out the decked out street at the end of our neighborhood. every year they close it off to cars and it is a mob scene of kids that come to trick or treat at these done up houses.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image julie5220:
    image dmuppet7:

Ooo- let us know how it is.  I can't believe it's around the corner from my house and we've never been.  

Tritto.

And Happy (early) Birthday, Zerf! 

Vacation
  • Tonight- Working out, painting my nails a dark color for Halloween, reading up on candidates for Tue. since I am rather clueless. Nothing like waiting til the last minute!

Tom.- Jewelry party at 10:30 AM (waaayy too early for a Sat. IMO), nap, then get ready and meet our friends in Old Town for Halloween/Dia de los Muertos celebration at the Torpedo Factory.

Sun.- Church (or maybe sleeping in...), grocery shopping, watching the Steelers game at night.

• Today/tonight: Leaving work early to hit the gym and then go to the Harvest Fest/costume parade at J's daycare.

Tomorrow: Heading down to the rally! Then coming home for another costume parade and some of DH's chili. 

Sunday: We might be going over to our friend's house to see their baby (well she's 1.5) and help with trick-or-treating. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Tonight- Dinner with hubby, BIL and his girlfriend

Saturday- Not sure yet. We're thinking about going to a haunted forest or something similar.

Sunday- Football, house stuff

• Today: working a half day from home with C, who is recovering from some kind of mystery virus. He's totally fine today though. Damn that "fever free for 24 hours) rule. It's such a perfect fall day though, we'll definitely be going for a nice long walk. Later, pizza night and pumpkin carving!

Tomorrow: Taking pics of C in his costume and having the 'rents over for dinner (fyi: my menu totally changed with I found a nice cut of beef to roast on sale. Back to mashed potatoes!). 

Sunday: a birthday party (we have two friends with kiddos born on the 31st!) and watching the doors for t-o-ters

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Today -- After this I will get my costume on (chef) and then go help classes get dressed up for the school's halloween parade.  After that I'll hop from classroom party to classroom party.  Sugar here I come.  Tonight DH and I will probably go out to eat, relax at home.

Tomorrow -- Going through my cookbooks and Cook's Illustrated to develop a turkey day menu.  We'll do our meal planning for the week too, and grocery shopping.  Probably a trip out to Trader Joes as well.

Sunday -- DH is going to brew a new batch of beer, and I will catch up on the DVR.  Making dinner at home and more relaxing.  We just got some of our new furniture yesterday and I can't wait to snuggle on the giant chair and a half.   ETA: And hand out candy!  Yay!

July 19, 2008

My Food Blog

• Today: meeting DH after work and hitting up the MCM expo, then home to clean and make dinner and wait for friends from out of town to arrive who are driving up this evening. after they get here we'll leave it up to them if they want to go out and grab a drink. if not...we'll probably just drink at home and catch up.

Tomorrow: Brunch at our place with out of town friends and a couple local friends, then off to the rally. After the rally back to our place to sit on our butts and watch football and relax (slim chance we might quickly swing by a haloween party). Dinner will be pigging out on pasta and then hopefully early to bed.

Sun: up super early and head to the Pentagon for the Marine Corps Marathon (DH and I are running it together). Nervous/excited/anxious for it. It's our first race ever. After the marathon i'm sure we'll stuff our faces with lots of food and hobble around!

• image mtropp:

Today: meeting DH after work and hitting up the MCM expo, then home to clean and make dinner and wait for friends from out of town to arrive who are driving up this evening. after they get here we'll leave it up to them if they want to go out and grab a drink. if not...we'll probably just drink at home and catch up.

Tomorrow: Brunch at our place with out of town friends and a couple local friends, then off to the rally. After the rally back to our place to sit on our butts and watch football and relax (slim chance we might quickly swing by a haloween party). Dinner will be pigging out on pasta and then hopefully early to bed.

Sun: up super early and head to the Pentagon for the Marine Corps Marathon (DH and I are running it together). Nervous/excited/anxious for it. It's our first race ever. After the marathon i'm sure we'll stuff our faces with lots of food and hobble around!

Good luck with the race!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Today:  bake b-day cakes for two celebrations for DS and my niece (who were both born on the 7th, one year apart)

Tomorrow: attend b-day party #1 for DS in the early afternoon, attend promotion party in evening, and somehow get ready for brunch we're hosting Sunday

Sunday:  host b-day party #2 brunch for in-laws, watch football, and take DS to a couple of houses for Halloween

[IMG]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy198/slkroeger/H9.jpg[/IMG]
  • Today:  bake b-day cakes for two celebrations for DS and my niece (who were both born on the 7th, one year apart)

Tomorrow: attend b-day party #1 for DS/niece in the early afternoon, attend promotion party in evening, and somehow get ready for brunch we're hosting Sunday

Sunday:  host b-day party #2 brunch for in-laws, watch football, and take DS to a couple of houses for Halloween

Tomorrow: attend b-day party #1 for DS/niece in the early afternoon, attend promotion party in evening, and somehow get ready for brunch we're hosting Sunday

• Good luck Mtropp & Hubby!  It is an awesome race and you have great weather for it!  My only advice is if you are metroing to walk to Arlington Cemetary Stop instead of Roslyn.  There are far less people and worth the walk!

Tonight:  Put up Halloween Decorations and decide on pumpkin design to carve.  And finish Rocky Horror Picture show (I've never seen it...gasp!)

Tomorrow:  Finish putting up Halloween Decorations, shopping for party, carving pumpkin, getting ready for party...Party!

Sunday: Recover, cheer on MCM people in CC.  Mass and the usual Sunday routine!