Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Suggestions on what to get a little girl for her 2nd Birthday...

Re: Suggestions on what to get a little girl for her 2nd Birthday...

• extreme budget: dance lessons

middle budget: something musical and fun

low budget: art supplies 

• books, puzzles, some type of Leap Frog toy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • the homemade crayons that lachute posted about during the christmas post.

i think i got my niece a book?

My little nuggets

• We got our nephew a name puzzle from etsy, kelldel recommended a seller.  It just came in and it's awesome.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CeadarHillHeirlooms

You may have to look for her sold items to see examples and message her for a custom listing.  That's what I did. 

• ditto Lando. i know i sound like a broken record but JD loves his and everyone that has received one as a gift raves about it. i think i ordered over 20 puzzles from this woman so far so yes, i highly recommend.

other ideas, books, craft supplies, anything loud and annoying since thats what my guy seems to looooove

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • All great ideas! I love the puzzle but I don't know if I have enough time since I leave everything to the last second and the birthday is on November 4th. It's for a friend's daughter and they live out in Vegas so I have to think about shipping time as well.

I also really like the dance class idea but my friend is having her second at the end of December and it looks like the classes for a 2 year old are only half an hour long. I feel like it would in more of a pain in the butt for my friend to try to get her daughter there one a week for only half an hour with a new baby.

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • also keldel suggested this before but a gift card to bounce u, its free for adults and non walking children and it would give the 2 year old a place to burn energy while mom and dad watched

looks like there is one right by vegas: http://www.bounceu.com/party-places-for-kids/nevada/henderson/ 

• Are any of these suitable for a first birthday?  I am clueless, sorry.  I don't want to do the boring old money/bond/outfit gift. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think the puzzle would be just as good for a first birthday. 
  • the puzzle is actually my go to first birthday gift, at age 1 they may not fully get the puzzle concept. But with time, they will so it works for second too. And JD still plays with his at 2.5 since he now knows what the letters and colors actually are and where they go. puzzles are big in our house for all ages

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • DD was big into puzzles around her second birthday (and still is, but not nearly as much as she was then), and these were two of her favorites: Dr. Seuss PuzzleStory and Crocodile Creek floor puzzle (we have a 123 farm puzzle). She's also loved her Melissa & Doug cutting foods set and cookie set and birthday cake set, her tea set, and her baby dolls and stroller.

Books, coloring books and crayons, and other art supplies are also always good. DD especially loves the Crayola Color Wonder coloring pads and markers.

For a first birthday, the M&D wood puzzles or the ones from the etsy link above would be great. Mega Bloks or nesting and stacking blocks are great too.

Emily Suzanne 11.29.2007 | Kate Josephine 4.3.2010 | D&E 10w6d 9.5.2012 | EDD 8.17.2013
  • Our nieces just turned 2 and we bought them a doll and "kid camera". Its a real digital camera but its completely padded- it was about $27. They love taking pictures. 

Puzzles, dolls, art supplies, an easel, DVDs/books, musical instruments 

[IMG]http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab28/ckjrl/wedding2-1-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image ckjrl:

Our nieces just turned 2 and we bought them a doll and "kid camera". Its a real digital camera but its completely padded- it was about $27. They love taking pictures. 

where do you get said kid camera?

My little nuggets

• image Kernel14:
    image ckjrl:

Our nieces just turned 2 and we bought them a doll and "kid camera". Its a real digital camera but its completely padded- it was about $27. They love taking pictures. 

where do you get said kid camera?

Yes, yes, please do share.

Also, nieces? Twins??  

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest