Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Halloween: a poll to liven things up a bit

Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year?

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low?

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?

Favorite Halloween candy?

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Halloween: a poll to liven things up a bit

• Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? No

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? Party saturday night

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?  hmm, tough one.  I'll have to think on this

Favorite Halloween candy? Kit Kat or Reese PB Cup

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?  I have never been home for halloween, we always go to my mom's.  We're staying home this year, so we shall see.  I got some lemon heads, dots, sour straws, and 2 mixed bags of goodies.

• image tracyd21:

I will start... 

Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year?   Yes, for work but would dress up if we had a party too.  I am being Where's Waldo (idea stolen from JessH's blog).

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? No parties, but a 5k race on Saturday morning and our anniversary is Sunday.  We are doing a fancy-schmancy brunch.

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?  DH was Macho Man Randy Savage a few years ago.  Lots of spandex

Favorite Halloween candy?  Mallo Cups

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?  Yes we get a decent crew; I make up little treat bags with a bunch of things in them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? yes. we are being katie perry and elmo

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? party.

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)? giant pumpkin

Favorite Halloween candy? anything chocolate

we get very few, i bought one bag of starburst and skittles this year. 

• image tracyd21:

Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? yes.  it looks like the crew has decided on the golden girls.  i am blanche

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? 2 parties.  well one party and one drag pageant. 

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?  i loved dh as billy mays.  i think our jem and the holograms costumes worked really well. 

Favorite Halloween candy? tough one.  i am going to go kitkat.

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?  not in this bldg.  when we overlooked south street i would throw candy out the window to the drunks in the street.  so fun.

• image tracyd21:

Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? No but I would if we had a party invite.

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low?  Laying low.

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?  Either car-crash prom queen or Nancy Spungen (DH went as Sid Vicious)

Favorite Halloween candy?  TAKE 5 BARS

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?  I buy a few mixed bags of chocolate minis.  This year I had pumpkin seeds for the adults.

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? I only dress up because we have parties to go to where a costume is mandatory. I'm being a car hop girl this year. It was the best thing I could find without looking like a major sloot.

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? Yes. Parties on both Saturday and Sunday nights.

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)? I have 2 favorites that I wore. In high school my mom made my BFF and I the SNL cheerleaders costumes. We won 1st prize that year. My next favorite was when 3 of my friends and I dressed up like 98 Degrees in high school. It was just so fun and hilarious. We drew our tattoos on by hand the night before so it was as authentic as possible. lol we were so sad.

Favorite Halloween candy? Kit Kats but they MUST be frozen.

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them? We're never home because we're taking our son out so we usually just stick a bowl on our porch. We don't get many trick-or-treaters though because there are 2 very busy roads at each end of our street. The kiddies would be playing Frogger in an attempt to cross those streets.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image tracyd21:

Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year? No, i am a big fat halloween crabby pants, this holiday annoys me

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low? just a family party on sunday

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)? my favorite was my dinosaur costume from when i was six, my mom made it and it was awesome

Favorite Halloween candy? Reeses

weve been in our current home for two years and the past two years have been crazy with the Phillies stuff going on with games and parades. i had stuff on hand but wasn't home when most of the ToT'ers came. I usually buy the pretzel or chip snack packs, fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, or anything i can use for lunches if leftover.

my confession: this year i didnt even buy anything

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year?  Not sure yet actually.. I wanted to be someone from Glee, maybe Sue if I can find a red sweatsuit.  Or Rachel because I have brown hair (but shes less recognizable costume-wise)

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low?  Yes.  One party.  I'm also doing a community jack o lantern carving Saturday morning that I am very excited about!  We're carving 100 pumpkins to line the canal.

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?  My friend was a giant inflatable penis a few years ago and won us all free drinks from the bar we were at.

Favorite Halloween candy?  Ditto HW, FROZEN kit kats .. and FROZEN peanut butter cups.  Mmm. 

Do you get trick-or-treaters?  If so, what do you typically give them?  We get about 10-20 kids total, not too many - I always get 2 bags of the hersheys miniatures and let them take a handful.

• Do you still dress up for Halloween?  If so, what are you being this year?

It's still a secret...I'll post photos on Monday. All I can say is that we have 2 costumes, so we're going to have a costume change mid-party. :-)

Do you have any parties this weekend or are you laying low?

Saturday

What is your all-time favorite costume (that you've worn or someone else wore)?

Anna Nicole Smith, in 2002 (or '03?) when she was alive and a fattie, doing her reality show.  It was my most brilliant costume yet.  2nd most favorite was in 10th grade when I was Monica Lewinsky, peak-scandal, and I got sent to the vice principal's office for my fake cigar and stain. Last year I was Octomom & my DH was Jon Gosselin.  This year follows suit with topical.

Favorite Halloween candy?

Butterfingers, Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Reeses!

We usually buy lots of the mini candy bars, but also supplement with some cheaper candy.  We go through 300+ pieces.  It's insane.