Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Paper Crafters

I think there are a couple paper crafters out there and I was wondering where you buy your supplies.  When I was on the mainland I would go to Michael's or Joann's, but we don't have those in Hawaii.  Any online stores you would recommend?  I want to buy replacement blades and cutting pads for my Cricut as well as some bulk cardstock.  TIA!

Re: Paper Crafters

• I don't know if Amazon is the best place to get it per-se, but it's one option...but shipping to Hawaii is more expensive though (like many other places).
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • I used to buy all my paper and accessories at Creations Unlimited.  They used to be in Mililani, but now have a shop in Wahiawa.  I've heard some people pick up bulk cardstock at Fisher, but I haven't been there myself.
  • image inamra:
    I don't know if Amazon is the best place to get it per-se, but it's one option...but shipping to Hawaii is more expensive though (like many other places).

Thanks!  I have been checking out Amazon, but it is so confusing with all the third party vendors.  I try to look for the ones directly from Amazon so I can get the free shipping.  I signed up for that Amazon Mom thing to get Amazon Prime free, but when I tried ordering, it doesn't not apply to shipping to Hawaii.  Rawr!  I'll probably end up getting some stuff there...their prices are generally better than what I've found locally...

image MrsNicole&Brian808:
    I used to buy all my paper and accessories at Creations Unlimited.  They used to be in Mililani, but now have a shop in Wahiawa.  I've heard some people pick up bulk cardstock at Fisher, but I haven't been there myself.

I think I remember you mentioning Creations Unlimited when I was doing my wedding invitations...I haven't made it there yet, though (a little out of the way for me).  I'll check out Fisher for cardstock...hadn't thought about going there!  Thanks!

• Oh, another thing I thought of was Walmart. I don't know about Walmart in HI but the Walmarts around where I live all have a craft section...I just saw Cricut stuff there the other day when I was shopping for Halloween candy =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Have you tried Ben Franklin?  They have a store in Pearl City, Mapunapuna, Market City near UH, and in Kailua.  They have everything for paper crafters!  I'm not sure about items for the Cricut, though.  I get the Ben Franklin circular every few wks and it has a 40% off coupon.  Also this Sat, there is a pre-Holiday sale in which you get 20% off.  If you are a craft club member, you get 10% off every purchase.  The membership is only $10/yr, so you more than get your $ back.

Also have you tried the Ross stores?  I have been shocked that in the last couple of months, they have had so much paper and scrapbooking items.  I got so much scrapbook paper from them as well as envelopes.  For example, I got 100 sheets of a variety of beautiful papers the other day for $11.99.     

There is also a rubber stamp/scrapbooking expo at the Blaisdell about 2x/yr.  It's awesome!  I missed the one in May.  I just checked the schedule but I don't see the normal holiday one on the schedule yet.

Happy shopping!

• Thanks, Kalani!  I usually go to Ben Franklin when I need to pick up supplies, but I find them a little pricey...especially because I don't get the 40% coupons in the mail (my mail goes to my mom's and she uses the coupons).  She told me about the $5 20% off this weekend, so we're gonna stop by.

I also check out Ross...they have great deals, but it is hit or miss. 

I haven't been to the Stamp/Scrapbooking Expo at the Blaisdell, but I will definitely have to check it out!  I used to go to the Creating Keepsakes Expos on the mainland and I spent soooo much money!  LOL.

BTW, I ended up checking out Ben Franklin, Fisher, and Wal-Mart the other day.  Wal-mart had my Cricut boards, but they were out of blades.  I also picked up a pack of 50 sheets of black cardstock for about $5...a pack of 25 sheets was $11 at Ben Franklin.  Fisher only had reams of bright fluorescent cardstock for sale, but the adhesive glue I use (Tombow Multi) was about half the price as Ben Franklin.  Ben Franklin does not sell Cricut products.