Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Technology changes scare me

We upgraded to AutoCad 2011 yesterday and it makes me twitchy.  It's mostly the same but just enough different that it's slowing me down a bit today.  Ugh.

What makes you twitchy?

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Technology changes scare me

• i hear you! i just spent an HOUR creating a spreadsheet of my entire team (170 people!) to import into our new expense system because it's supposed to be easier than adding them one at a time... well guess what, it's been "processing" for like 3 minutes and this is the 3rd time i've tried to upload it.

in this amount of time, i could probably have added them all one at a time!

Angry 

• Google scares me...

I mean one company that can do so much, they're bound to take over the world someday with Google Earth, Google Chrome, Google Talk, Google Voice, Google Search, Google Translate...is there anything that Google doesn't do???  Wait I don't want to know because then next week there will be a Google bank.

• We are converting to a whole new system at work in 2 weeks and still have not trained on it. That really scares me!

It also scares me how much of our "private" information is avaliable on the internet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebmcapra:

It also scares me how much of our "private" information is avaliable on the internet.

Amen!  (And that still makes me laugh that people freaked about the census being an "invasion of privacy".)

My mom remembers when people used to put their license # and social security # on checks!

• Kiz - two words: hatch stretch

p.s. speaking of, do you know/use Revit?

And yeah, technology is freaking me out a little today, too.  This morning Facebook asked me to verify my account because "an attempt to login in from an unusual location was made, do you recognize this location?"  and it was somewhere in Wisconsin.  Nope!  But thanks big brother facebook...I guess.

So I had to verify my account and change my password - so then I got worried and changed all my other passwords.  Sheesh. 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageBreezy8407:

Kiz - two words: hatch stretch

p.s. speaking of, do you know/use Revit?

Yikes - The hatch editor is WAAAAAY different.  What does hatch stretch do?  I'm intrigued!!! 

Nevermind!  WHOAH.  I just figured it out!!  NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I don't know Revit.  They used to use it at my office but we do so much custom stuff that things took WAY too long to draw.  If we need to show someone something in 3D we use SketchUp. 

• imageMrsKizdoodle:
    imagebmcapra:

My mom remembers when people used to put their license # and social security # on checks!

In ND, your driver's license # was your soc. sec #. I had it on my checks too. Can't even imagine doing that now. I'm not sure if ND still uses ss# for dl#.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageilovebijou:
    imageMrsKizdoodle:
    imagebmcapra:

In ND, your driver's license # was your soc. sec #. I had it on my checks too. Can't even imagine doing that now. I'm not sure if ND still uses ss# for dl#.

Yep - when I moved to ND for college I couldn't believe it!  Some of my friends were confused why I hadn't memorized my drivers license number.  They assumed it was the same in MN too. ND doesn't do this anymore - thank goodness.

Kiz - yes stretch hatch is pretty sweet.  I didn't think I would use it as much as I did, but I do.  I have 2010, so I think it was new for that version.  I also don't haz the Revit...good to know I am not alone.

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d